Page 1 of 1

Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 am
by Abefar
Hi

I have a little problem with independent traders. I just started a new game and the first independt trader that comes along buys 6500 steel from me?? wth i need that steel [&:] So now I have only 2500 left and havent got any steel mines yet! (there is on source but is out in one of the outer rings so takes a little while getting there - prewarp ships are slow [:'(])

So anything I can do about this? What do I get in return when independent traders buys my ressources? does the money go to state or private sector or does the ressources just disapear and noone gets anything?

I had this problem before shadows. I always thought is was annoying other races buying all my good ressources that i need myself!

RE: Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:26 am
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: Abefar

Hi

I have a little problem with independent traders. I just started a new game and the first independt trader that comes along buys 6500 steel from me?? wth i need that steel [&:] So now I have only 2500 left and havent got any steel mines yet! (there is on source but is out in one of the outer rings so takes a little while getting there - prewarp ships are slow [:'(])

So anything I can do about this? What do I get in return when independent traders buys my ressources? does the money go to state or private sector or does the ressources just disapear and noone gets anything?

I had this problem before shadows. I always thought is was annoying other races buying all my good ressources that i need myself!
Best option is - destroy or board them! Not sure if it has implications but give it a shot! However, that's a good point for the master wish-list, to select resources (at least strategic ones) in the list that can't be sold or similar.

Klink, Oberst
Terranische Sternenflotte & Kdr STALAG 13 (Weltraum)

RE: Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:36 am
by Abefar
Thx for the quick reply [:)]

Yeah attacking might be an option, but it do require a lot of micromanagement, as I have to keep on my rsv ressources all the time. And as you said im not sure what happends if you attack independent traders. They might not come back at all, which is probably a bad thing since i dont mind them buying stuff i have plenty of. I dont like the idea of destroying them.

Do you know who gets the money when independent traders buy ressources from you?

RE: Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 am
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: Abefar

Thx for the quick reply [:)]

Yeah attacking might be an option, but it do require a lot of micromanagement, as I have to keep on my rsv ressources all the time. And as you said im not sure what happends if you attack independent traders. They might not come back at all, which is probably a bad thing since i dont mind them buying stuff i have plenty of. I dont like the idea of destroying them.

Do you know who gets the money when independent traders buy ressources from you?
Not sure, but I reckon it shows up in the space-port income. And micromanagement is fun, especially in Shadows. Have a look at Larry's LP on YT.

Klink, Oberst

RE: Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:02 pm
by SunDevil_MatrixForum
Both Mining and Gas mining stations have a commerce component added in the default design. Couldn't you remove that component with a retrofit and that would prevent resources being sold and only picked up by your transports?

RE: Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:56 pm
by turtlefang
No it doesn't prevent resources being sold but it does give you either much less or no money (I tested it once and can't remember the answer). So that really doesn't work.

I'm wondering about the boarding action and the impact to reputation and whether it effects future traders. If it doesn't do either, then it would seem to be open season.

RE: Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm
by pycco
Ya the independent trader just took all my necro stones,lead,steel before i had my first mining station built