Page 1 of 1

Raiding a Colony with your own Pirate Hidden Facility

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:49 pm
by MoloMowChow
Apparently, if I raid a planet that also has my own hidden pirate base in it, it'll add to the defense power of the home world. If the raid succeeds, I lose my hidden pirate base and the control rating drops. Do hidden pirate bases increase control over time? I heard that population maxes out the control, but raids have allowed me to push it over the limits, I think.

RE: Raiding a Colony with your own Pirate Hidden Facility

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:21 pm
by Plant
No, Hidden Pirate bases, don't increase control. They prevent them from slipping down to below 50% or 100% for the pirate fortresses.

RE: Raiding a Colony with your own Pirate Hidden Facility

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:25 pm
by DeadlyShoe
This is a bug, its listed as fixed in the 1906 patch

RE: Raiding a Colony with your own Pirate Hidden Facility

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:19 am
by MoloMowChow
I'm having a different issue now.

Got 100% control of an Empire's homeworld pre-warp. Built a pirate base and it completed. Also noted at this point is that for some strange reason I couldn't immediately build a pirate fortress afterward despite having 260k in funds. They eventually launched an attack on it, and I launched Assault pods from my ship onto the planet to help defend against said attack, but once again they added to the assault against my pirate base.

I think it's because the bug notes only fixed raiding a planet that already has the pirate base on it, but not when the colony launches an assault on it and you want to help defend it by launching troops.

So I suppose it'd be nice to reinforce a pirate base from being assaulted by launching assault pods onto it.

RE: Raiding a Colony with your own Pirate Hidden Facility

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 am
by Lucian
So I suppose it'd be nice to reinforce a pirate base from being assaulted by launching assault pods onto it.

Hell yes! This needs to be addressed in the next patch