Turning the Tide
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:37 am
It seems to me that the scenario, Turning the Tide, covers the most interesting time period in the Pacific War, early August 1942 to late December '42. During this time, the two forces were the most balanced. By '43, the US airpower starts to dominate.
I haven't heard of anyone reporting playing this scenario. Has anyone played this? Are the forces indeed fairly balanced? Is the Battle of Midway assumed to have happened in this scenario? i.e. do the two sides have available the carriers that were lost at Midway?
I think this scenario represents the heart of UV, and seems to be short enough to not be overwhelming with one day turns, but long enough to really explore various tactics.
Thoughts?
I haven't heard of anyone reporting playing this scenario. Has anyone played this? Are the forces indeed fairly balanced? Is the Battle of Midway assumed to have happened in this scenario? i.e. do the two sides have available the carriers that were lost at Midway?
I think this scenario represents the heart of UV, and seems to be short enough to not be overwhelming with one day turns, but long enough to really explore various tactics.
Thoughts?