Page 1 of 1

Video corruption or false intelligence?

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:37 pm
by Graham Smith
I am playing Japanese in version 3.0.
My Allied opponent apparently sees a different video than I see. However, his battle reports and sunk ships list agrees with mine and with the video that I see.
He reports seeing more of my ships sunk than actually occurs. The ships he thinks are sunk, are actually damaged. Is this a bug, or is it a deliberate false intelligence sighting?
He also reports land battles that I do not see.

A bet

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:50 pm
by deVada
I'm taking a bet that the cause is some kind of technical bug in PBEM mode ... The stake can be my collecion of funny movies.

Second matter - there should be some "fog of war" anyway.

Everybody knows that air crews (especially Japanese, and land based especially) in 99% of cases reported sinking CV's, CA's and other big ships. If all those reports were true - my calculations show that allies should have at least 70 big carriers between 42 and 45
:rolleyes:

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:26 am
by wflarry
This has gone on for some time. The Allied player has to take the VCR combat results with some skepticism.

Not sure what the problem is with them, but it seems like the VCR is really running a new combat phase to show you results, not just a replay. And if the random number file (is there such a thing?) is different, then you can get much different results.

Watch the VCR more for seeing what direction your opponent is moving rather than for combat results. I have to remember my own advice sometimes... As I still am shocked sometimes even after the dozens of PBEM pacwar games i have played.