Page 1 of 1
Have you ever seen sub hitting mine?
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:45 pm
by Apollo11
Hi all,
Have you ever seen sub hitting mine?
If yes, how did it happen?
#1
Sub hit opponent's defensive (i.e. at his dot/base) minefield.
#2
Sub hit opponent's offensive minefield.
#3
Sub hit own defensive (i.e. at own dot/base) minefield.
#4
Sub hit own offensive minefield.
Leo "Apollo11"
Re: Have you ever seen sub hitting mine?
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:41 pm
by Supervisor
Originally posted by Apollo11
Hi all,
Have you ever seen sub hitting mine?
If yes, how did it happen?
#1
Sub hit opponent's defensive (i.e. at his dot/base) minefield.
#2
Sub hit opponent's offensive minefield.
#3
Sub hit own defensive (i.e. at own dot/base) minefield.
#4
Sub hit own offensive minefield.
Leo "Apollo11"
I've seen 1, 2 & 4. (I am not including the preset defensive port minefields. They only seem to affect invasion forces close to the beach.)
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:52 pm
by Superben
Yes I see it today
My opponent lost a sub in the Slot by hitting a minefield I put a day before ....
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:57 pm
by Admiral DadMan
1 & 4.
Opponent figured out what ports of his I tended to lurk at, and mined it heavily.
The reason I asked...
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:19 am
by Apollo11
Hi all,
The reason I asked is because my PBEM opponent keeps several
subs in my ports and although they are all _HEAVILY_ (and I
really mean heavily) mined with several contingents payload from
my biggest MLs not a single hit on him (so far)...
Leo "Apollo11"
Base Repairs New Idea
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:20 am
by siRkid
Sorry wrong thread.
But yes I have lost subs to mines.
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:30 am
by Matt Erickson
got one on the first turn after I placed a mine in gili gili dont know its fate thou of course it was in harbor so it probably survived.
All four
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:29 am
by Luskan
I've seen them all, usually a sub running into a defensive minefield, although plenty of damage to subs and other ships from offensive minefields at choke points (instead of dot hexes).
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:55 pm
by LargeSlowTarget
I have seen them all, with enemy subs sinking in my offensive minefields at choke points and enemy dot hexes quite frequently (sank three USN subs that way in my current campaign). I'm mining defensively and offensively as fast as my ML and subs can reload at Truk

. What a wonderful game feature!
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:56 pm
by Arkady
yes to #1,2 and 4
Most often #2
Question to Matrix or 2by3:
Is there modeled false magnetic detonator on new submarine's torpedoes? As new subs arrived (Gato class) I encountered drop in torp hit ratio.....several times I've seen things like SS Grabyck fired 6 torpedoes on anchored tanker and no hit reported....
Arkady