Page 1 of 1

Well done all at Matrix!

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 11:44 pm
by Dave R
Guys!
This thread is to give all you guys at Matrix a more then well deserved pat and the back, and to say "Thankyou".
Version 4. Is wonderful! There are some minor problems but thay are covered on other threads.
Not only does it look better, play better, it even runs better! You guys have obviously been doing some major tightening of the code.
I'm playing the game on my old first series P133 with only 32Mb of memory, but in solo mode, that's all I've tried so far, it runs as sweet as anything. It's much faster then the last version. I can actually enjoy watching artillery barrages without having to set it to fast for even the smallest of strikes, there's no delay when a unit moves from hex to hex.
Thanks again guys and well one and all!

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 1:37 am
by Mockingbird
I agree. Thanks to everyone on the Matrix team who made this game update a reality.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 2:27 am
by Norm
The 4th version of SP is excellent. Thank you very much for your tireless effort. It is most appreciated.

--Norm

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 2:57 am
by troopie
After two days of downloading, six hours the first day, five hours the second day. After being, for the first time in years, out of my mind with the desire for a smoke. After installing the patch, (larger than most games I own) and seeing it run smooth as silk. I have to say "Well done to all ranks at Matrix. You have scored a ten-strike!"

troopie

------------------
Pamwe Chete

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 8:05 am
by Supervisor
Wow,Troopie
That is indded high praise coming from you. Image
Originally posted by troopie:
After two days of downloading, six hours the first day, five hours the second day. After being, for the first time in years, out of my mind with the desire for a smoke. After installing the patch, (larger than most games I own) and seeing it run smooth as silk. I have to say "Well done to all ranks at Matrix. You have scored a ten-strike!"

troopie


Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 8:25 am
by Wallymanowar
I've just completed a couple of battles in the long campaign starting as the Germans.
Very nice!!

Aside from some quibbles concerning the OOB's of the Germans and Poles (only ones I've had fighting so far) everything is much smoother. The op-fire routine is a much needed, long overdue, very welcome improvement - I just love it. And FINALLY, we're able to survey the battlefield after it's over - something that should have been in SP1.

WELL DONE!!!

------------------
'Bitter Mike'

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 11:03 am
by Drake
Yup, most say that did one hill of a job on this.