A few more questions
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 am
Here we go...
1. Whats the difference between telling the scout ship to "explore system" vs "move to system"? Does the first actually mean that when it moves to that new star system that it will explore the entire thing automatically even checking up on resources present on planets etc ...does this include asteroid belt also?
2. Seems there is some sort of giant graveyard out there. It is a long way for me to go at this point to salvage ships. I would need to design something special just to get out there, then I am not sure how it gets back..so more figuring out. My question is...is this graveyard a real gold mine for tech and ships? Is it worth the effort?
3. There is an independant colony out there. Am I right that to capture it I build a state owned ship. Put troop compartments on it. Build troops on my home planet and then load them onto this ship. Then move it to that colony and invade? Is this basically the process?
4. The colonization part of the tech tree seems a bit unclear to me. I researched the first one "colony" but now I am looking around and I cant say I see any planets to colonize. Does this allow me to colonize something or is it just the door to the specific ones after that, that I need to research?
5. Refueling ships and expansion - I am struggling a bit to expand. I have warp, have the first tech for it done and ships built, but I am surprised at how limited I am with my ability to expand out. I feel like its almost a must for me to get refueling ships to make the expansion really happen. Could be just this particular game and its set up but maybe not. Question is..how big of a priority is it for you guys to reach that refueling tech? I didnt make it a priority and now feel stuck. Now I am researching it but basically sitting here waiting for it.
6. I set up a gas mining station in another system. I have been watching and I dont see private ships going back and forth to it. Havent watched super closely, but have kept my eye on it. I have designed private ships with warp. Does it just take time before they start going out there?
[&o]Thanks for thoughts on this.
1. Whats the difference between telling the scout ship to "explore system" vs "move to system"? Does the first actually mean that when it moves to that new star system that it will explore the entire thing automatically even checking up on resources present on planets etc ...does this include asteroid belt also?
2. Seems there is some sort of giant graveyard out there. It is a long way for me to go at this point to salvage ships. I would need to design something special just to get out there, then I am not sure how it gets back..so more figuring out. My question is...is this graveyard a real gold mine for tech and ships? Is it worth the effort?
3. There is an independant colony out there. Am I right that to capture it I build a state owned ship. Put troop compartments on it. Build troops on my home planet and then load them onto this ship. Then move it to that colony and invade? Is this basically the process?
4. The colonization part of the tech tree seems a bit unclear to me. I researched the first one "colony" but now I am looking around and I cant say I see any planets to colonize. Does this allow me to colonize something or is it just the door to the specific ones after that, that I need to research?
5. Refueling ships and expansion - I am struggling a bit to expand. I have warp, have the first tech for it done and ships built, but I am surprised at how limited I am with my ability to expand out. I feel like its almost a must for me to get refueling ships to make the expansion really happen. Could be just this particular game and its set up but maybe not. Question is..how big of a priority is it for you guys to reach that refueling tech? I didnt make it a priority and now feel stuck. Now I am researching it but basically sitting here waiting for it.
6. I set up a gas mining station in another system. I have been watching and I dont see private ships going back and forth to it. Havent watched super closely, but have kept my eye on it. I have designed private ships with warp. Does it just take time before they start going out there?
[&o]Thanks for thoughts on this.