Page 1 of 30

Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 pm
by warspite1
Further to **budd**'s comment in the "Here's One For Ya" thread. How about a quote quiz.

This relies on peoples honesty - so please no looking up.

Okay first up:

which film contained this memorable line

"Never rub another man's rhubarb"?

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:05 pm
by Aurelian
Tim Burton's Batman.

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 pm
by warspite1
Is the correct answer [:)]

Okay how 'bout:

Person 1 [talking to a film cameraman]: I'd like to make her look a little more attractive, how far can you pull back?

Cameraman: How do you feel about Cleveland?

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:28 pm
by Darkspire
Tootsie [:)]

Darkspire

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 pm
by Twotribes
What movie series did the Good Guy say " I know what you are thinking punk, did i shoot 5 or 6 times....."

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:08 pm
by SLAAKMAN
"We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!"[:D]

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 pm
by Aurelian
ORIGINAL: Twotribes

What movie series did the Good Guy say " I know what you are thinking punk, did i shoot 5 or 6 times....."

Don't know.

But in the first Dirty Harry movie:

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:15 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Darkspire

Tootsie [:)]

Darkspire
warspite1

Is the correct answer [:)] Love that film!

Okay, as we are on a wargaming site, how 'bout something a little closer to home?

If someone asks me, should we bomb Japan? A simple yes, by all means sir, drop that f***er. Twice.

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:34 pm
by Titanwarrior89
Alien2
ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

"We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!"[:D]

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:35 pm
by Titanwarrior89
"We Need a Bigger Boat"

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

"We Need a Bigger Boat"
warspite1

Wasn't it "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Jaws

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 pm
by ezzler
Crimson Tide.

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:03 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: ezz

Crimson Tide.
warspite1

And another correct answer [:)]

So what about?

They got the Rose an' Crown

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:13 pm
by Zorch
"I would, but who'd bet on you?"

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:15 pm
by budd
one of my favorite's


"lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta.... what have you's"

" that rug really tied the room together"


RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:16 pm
by Zorch
I probably should include the previous line:

"Bet on him"
"I would, but who'd bet on you?"

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 pm
by Gilmer
Damn that sounds so familiar.

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:08 pm
by fodder
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: ezz

Crimson Tide.
warspite1

And another correct answer [:)]

So what about?

They got the Rose an' Crown

Battle of Britain

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:10 pm
by budd
ORIGINAL: **budd**
one of my favorite's
"lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta.... what have you's"

" that rug really tied the room together"

Come on it's a classic, here's another one, same movie

"What do you do for recreation?
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."

RE: Film Quotes

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:18 pm
by Zorch
ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

Damn that sounds so familiar.

Here are 2 more from the same film:

"Who are those guys?"

"My name is Woodcock, and I work for E.H. Harriman of the Union Pacific Railway."