Page 1 of 1
Strange pirate behaviour
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:55 pm
by fierceking
For some reason the pirates in my game are buzzing around this one planet. There seems to be around 500 of them. They are not attacking each other. They are lagging my game with so many on the screen. Here is a pic of it. I don't understand their behavior. They keep trying to invade or plunder this one planet but none of them seems to be succesful but they keep trying and keep sending more and more ships in this one planet.
Is this a bug or not?

RE: Strange pirate behaviour
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:38 pm
by Starke
Um... whoa.
0_0
Not sure what else to say. Strange behavior indeed. A bug in whatever set their task priority, I guess. Anything unusual about that planet?
RE: Strange pirate behaviour
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 am
by michaelm75au
Is this with the latest version 1.9.0.8?
RE: Strange pirate behaviour
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:07 am
by paShadoWn
Well make a sufficient fleet with aoe weapons and solve it.
RE: Strange pirate behaviour
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:08 pm
by fierceking
Yes this is with the latest patch 1.9.0.8
After I built up my fleet with enough troops, I sent 2 fleets to invade the planet everyone was swarming over. The pirates ignored my fleet and after I took over the planet, my ships started to clear up the pirate ships 1 by 1.
The strange part is that as each ship gets destroyed, the other ships totally ignored my fleet and continue to hover over the planet. Slowly and eventually I destroyed every single one w/o any loss which is not good AI.
So I see 2 problems...
1) The swarming part (I hope the devs explain what is happening)
2) Ignoring my fleet as I slowly destroy each ship
RE: Strange pirate behaviour
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:56 am
by Starke
ORIGINAL: fierceking
Yes this is with the latest patch 1.9.0.8
After I built up my fleet with enough troops, I sent 2 fleets to invade the planet everyone was swarming over. The pirates ignored my fleet and after I took over the planet, my ships started to clear up the pirate ships 1 by 1.
The strange part is that as each ship gets destroyed, the other ships totally ignored my fleet and continue to hover over the planet. Slowly and eventually I destroyed every single one w/o any loss which is not good AI.
So I see 2 problems...
1) The swarming part (I hope the devs explain what is happening)
2) Ignoring my fleet as I slowly destroy each ship
Definitely a bug then, and a really weird one. Um... good find? =P
RE: Strange pirate behaviour
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:53 pm
by Erik Rutins
Could you upload a save file for this please? Instructions are pinned to the top of this forum.
Regards,
- Erik