Page 1 of 1

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:53 pm
by warspite1
I have a disabled account with Steam. It has been disabled because of a suspected hijacking of the account.

As a result I cannot load any games or use my account. I have contacted Steam "Support" but over a week later - and a number of chasers - I have received no response at all.

There is no other way I can see to get in touch with these people. Has anyone come across this problem or have any bright ideas what I can do?

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:35 pm
by wings7
Robert, I wish I had an idea [&:], I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. In the meantime keep contacting Steam.

Patrick

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:43 pm
by VPaulus
No idea, besides what you have already done.

How did they informed you, that they suspected your account was hijacked? By email?

Please keep us informed.

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:57 pm
by Qwixt
Steam support is glacial. I created a ticket on Aug 19th, and it took them about 2 weeks to answer that first ticket. They replied with with a cut-n-paste suggestion to verify cache. They did not even read my question/ticket. So I replied, and the next time they replied after a week they told me to contact the seller, which was inappropriate for the question. So that's where it stands now. I am waiting for the incompetent morons to reply in about a week.

So ticket created the 19th. First reply after not reading ticket on Aug 30. Second reply to try and get rid of me instead of fixing the issue and looking into it received on Sept 5th.

Good luck dealing with the imbeciles.

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:36 pm
by 2ndACR
Another reason I refuse to have a thing to do with Steam, be damned if I will "buy" a game and then get screwed over. Same as with Verizon FIOS, you can "buy" movies on their account, but if you move to where you cannot have FIOS, your toast.

If it don's have a physical, I ain't buying.

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:08 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Qwixt

Steam support is glacial. I created a ticket on Aug 19th, and it took them about 2 weeks to answer that first ticket. They replied with with a cut-n-paste suggestion to verify cache. They did not even read my question/ticket. So I replied, and the next time they replied after a week they told me to contact the seller, which was inappropriate for the question. So that's where it stands now. I am waiting for the incompetent morons to reply in about a week.

So ticket created the 19th. First reply after not reading ticket on Aug 30. Second reply to try and get rid of me instead of fixing the issue and looking into it received on Sept 5th.

Good luck dealing with the imbeciles.
warspite1

Good grief, sorry to hear that....

There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to actually speak to someone when you need to. I did not expect there to be an answer but I thought it was worth a try.

Thanks for the responses.

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:16 pm
by Josh
Well that sucks, that's the last thing you want to happen with your Steam account. All I can think of to advice you is the same as posters above said, keep contacting them... and a prayer or two never hurt nobody [:)]
I buy via Steam, but I sure keep my library small, and only games I can lose if my account goes poof.
 

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 pm
by Kineas
ORIGINAL: Josh

I buy via Steam, but I sure keep my library small, and only games I can lose if my account goes poof.

Me too. I consider opening multiple Steam accounts (perfectly legal) just to minimize the money put into each one. Imagine losing an account with several dozen games...

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:38 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Kineas

ORIGINAL: Josh

I buy via Steam, but I sure keep my library small, and only games I can lose if my account goes poof.

Me too. I consider opening multiple Steam accounts (perfectly legal) just to minimize the money put into each one. Imagine losing an account with several dozen games...
warspite1

Do you need different e-mail addresses/computers to do that?

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:09 pm
by Titanwarrior89
You would think they would respond much faster to keep their business running.  Looks like a good formula for losing customers.  I feel for you.

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:31 pm
by Boomer78
I know it sucks to have games on a network that you can't access. That's the threat of any kind of cloud gaming. I'd wash my hands of it if I were you. Steam is not worth it. They are a snake in the grass. There's plenty of other vendors to get games from, ones that will have better customer support, prices, and no ugly network problems (Matrix, GOG, and GamersGate just to name a few).

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:31 am
by Jamm
My Steam account got messed up a couple years ago and as a result can no longer play boxed copies of Dawn of War series and Empire Total War.
I will not knowingly buy another game from them.
Same thing just happened to a friend and he can't enjoy the new X-Com.

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:29 am
by Kineas
warspite1

Do you need different e-mail addresses/computers to do that?

Single computer (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8963-EIKC-3767), but probably multiple email addresses.

I never heard such horror stories as the ones posted before. I'd say the those are not support cases but legal cases. Probably in the steam EULA they deny every responsibility.

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:29 am
by Gilmer
I had an issue once with them and what I did was I started emailing people individually as I found out their emails. I eventually got some help. I had a situation where my email that I registered with was no longer available to me and I couldn't reset my password. I emailed their sales department, and any individual whose email address I could get hold of and also anyone who was set up with the email system where you can send them messages.

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Dina+Nelson

See url. There's a drop down list. I am pretty sure I just started sending messages over and over until someone replied directly to me.