Repository
Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:53 am
I reminder playing the original Harpoon for the PC running on my Macintosh using an emulator. Talk about slow. [:)]
I am looking forward to this game and reading about creating scenarios and various databases for the game.
My question is more prosaic. Do you have plans to create a central repository where individuals can upload scenarios and databases so folks can easily find material without needing to search a variety of web sites? If you do have a repository planned, do you have a method to organize the material to make it easily searchable?
I realize that this topic is not as exciting as many other but I think these type of details can help make the game flourish. I am not trying to throw stones but I am familiar with the various Harpoon sites and some of the "disagreements" that occurred (still occurring) between individuals and would hate to see that here. Thus, creating and controlling the repository by the same folks who create and control the game to me is important. As an example of the approach, see the Repository created and maintained by Battlefront, the makers of the Combat Mission games.
Thanks.
I am looking forward to this game and reading about creating scenarios and various databases for the game.
My question is more prosaic. Do you have plans to create a central repository where individuals can upload scenarios and databases so folks can easily find material without needing to search a variety of web sites? If you do have a repository planned, do you have a method to organize the material to make it easily searchable?
I realize that this topic is not as exciting as many other but I think these type of details can help make the game flourish. I am not trying to throw stones but I am familiar with the various Harpoon sites and some of the "disagreements" that occurred (still occurring) between individuals and would hate to see that here. Thus, creating and controlling the repository by the same folks who create and control the game to me is important. As an example of the approach, see the Repository created and maintained by Battlefront, the makers of the Combat Mission games.
Thanks.