Page 1 of 1

Bug ....... !!!!!

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:20 am
by Superben
Hello , I found a funny bug ....

When you type the < Enter > key on a hex , you acceed to the terrain editor menu ......

So you can change all the terrain and transform for example PM in a deep water zone :)

Re: Bug ....... !!!!!

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:40 am
by ADavidB
Originally posted by Superben
Hello , I found a funny bug ....

When you type the < Enter > key on a hex , you acceed to the terrain editor menu ......

So you can change all the terrain and transform for example PM in a deep water zone :)
What a neat little bug! I just tried it out and it works just like you say.

If the changes would carry through in a pbem game, that would be a great joke to play on someone, as their fleets get landlocked into base and their airfields go underwater. :D

Dave B

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:58 am
by Yamamoto
Unfortunately you can't use the commands that share a key with a hotkey. The "r" key is supposed to do something in the editor but all it does is bring up the credits because "r" is the hotkey for credits. The same thing goes for keys 1-4, although I don't know what those hotkeys do. "5" and "6" work ok though.

Yamamoto

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:10 pm
by Ross Moorhouse
We now know about this and will fix this bug.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:06 pm
by Yamamoto
Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
We now know about this and will fix this bug.
I hope “Fix” means fix the issue with the editor keys that are the same as hotkeys not working rather than “Fix” meaning disable the editor. I think I would like the ability to edit the map. Since one can already use any image file for the map we could make entire new theaters with this editor. A nice simple one to start with would be Midway.

Yamamoto