All Ahead Flank - Reluctant Admiral 6.1: Mr Kane (J) vs NY59Giants (A)
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 pm
With my game vs Olorin (Nick) playing DBB 30 reaching late '43, I wanted to try out the latest version of RA as the Allies. Hopefully, I can apply what I've learned there (longest game to date as Allies). Tom Kane replied to my request and after reading GreyJoy's AAR about India getting invaded again, I should have my hands full. I tried to minimize the number of HR and I forgot one that will show itself it the next few postings.
House Rules (HR)
1. 1st turn can have multiple port attacks, but ONLY if carriers participate. Manila, Singapore, and Pearl may have Fighters up and on CAP (less than 40%). Allies cannot transfer new squadrons reflecting prior knowledge.
2. PPs to move out of national borders (Japan - Manchuria, Thai) and (Allies - India, China). Thai units are allowed 6 hexes outside borders to help meet garrison requirements.
3. Strategic bombing is allowed for everybody on 1 July '43.
4. Manila subs can form TF based on a date/time stamp (use the last digit in a pre-determined e-mail which will be the one the Allies do their first orders). Since this may be the second port attack, the last digit in the time (hh:mm:ss) is used to determine how many subs can form TF (anywhere from 1-9 sub TF can be formed up).
5. Non-historic 1st turn, normal reinforcements, PDUs ON, orders for TF formed already OK, no transfers. China is active for both sides on Turn 1.
6. Aircraft Limitations (reflecting the RA Mod):
-No A6M3 on CVEs
-No A6M4 on any form of Carrier
-A7M Sam and B7A-D Grace cannot be operated from CVEs
7. Four-Engine Bombers: Restricted to 10k or higher for naval and ground attacks (does not include PBY/Mavis type patrol craft).
8. Single ship TF – The Allied player will not form them deliberately after January 42 due to the AI code often ignoring them and not sending out bombers to attack. Japan will be allowed to send out single ships.
