Page 1 of 1

Odds

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:39 pm
by pjcbt
What are odds needed in a combat to make a corps/army retreat?

Re: Odds

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:52 am
by RickyB
Originally posted by pjcbt
What are odds needed in a combat to make a corps/army retreat?
It isn't an odds issue, at least directly. I believe a unit will hold its ground unless its CV drops below a certain level, or related to chance compared to the odds. I have seen low odds attacks throw a unit back, and high odds not. Entrenchment level also has an impact, I believe, so low entrenchment levels may have a small chance of holding on. I am not positive though, except the odds are not directly the determining factor.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:47 am
by Micha
I think the odds need to be at least (entrenchment level)+(terrain defence value)+2, but sometimes, for instance in snow, even higher.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:21 pm
by pjcbt
I have made the question because near Leningrad I have had odds of around 10 to 1 and haven´t achieved anything (except big losses)

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:40 pm
by czerpak
Originally posted by pjcbt
I have made the question because near Leningrad I have had odds of around 10 to 1 and haven´t achieved anything (except big losses)
There is a special bonus in the North ( cant remember now which hexes exactly) for defenders to help them hold the ground.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:38 am
by pjcbt
The bonus is considering that the entrechment is 5 for retreat only. But is a bit extrange that 50 squads with 5 guns and 4 tanks hold a full panzer corps for a few attacks after being mauled from the air.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:42 am
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by pjcbt
The bonus is considering that the entrechment is 5 for retreat only. But is a bit extrange that 50 squads with 5 guns and 4 tanks hold a full panzer corps for a few attacks after being mauled from the air.

Are these swamp squares? Units in swamps have a big advantage in avoiding retreat as well.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:30 pm
by pjcbt
Originally posted by Ed Cogburn



Are these swamp squares? Units in swamps have a big advantage in avoiding retreat as well.
No. It was a bridge, but my forces didn´t crossed the river. It was the square (41,8)

Pablo.