Page 1 of 5

Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:14 am
by rhondabrwn
Hi friends,

Been among the missing of late...

Trying to get my ranch ready for a hard snowy winter ahead and that takes a lot of time and money, stocking up on hay and feed, stuff like candles for when I'm in the dark with limited solar power after cloudy winter days, lots of food for me as well! Cutting firewood, making repairs, getting improved shelter for my goats and my stallion, Storm.

Distraction over the shenanigans in Washington, of course.

On the plus side, I managed to get away from the ranch and head to Indianapolis to see my grandchildren!

So, picture time! Granddaughter is Cassandra and grandson is Ayden. Cassie is three months old now and Ayden just turned one year this week :)



Image

Image

Image

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:18 am
by rhondabrwn
Met up with some old friends who I haven't seen in 15 years.

Somehow, Diane seems to have shrunk! I've never felt so tall in my life [:D]



Image

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:24 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Hi friends,

Been among the missing of late...

Trying to get my ranch ready for a hard snowy winter ahead and that takes a lot of time and money, stocking up on hay and feed, stuff like candles for when I'm in the dark with limited solar power after cloudy winter days, lots of food for me as well! Cutting firewood, making repairs, getting improved shelter for my goats and my stallion, Storm.

Distraction over the shenanigans in Washington, of course.

On the plus side, I managed to get away from the ranch and head to Indianapolis to see my grandchildren!

So, picture time! Granddaughter is Cassandra and grandson is Ayden. Cassie is three months old now and Ayden just turned one year this week :)


Image

warspite1

Ah, cute [:)]

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:26 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Met up with some old friends who I haven't seen in 15 years.

Somehow, Diane seems to have shrunk! I've never felt so tall in my life [:D]



Image
warspite1

Yes but you are not allowing for the fact that you are on the kerb and your friend is in the road. Let me guess? You are actually the same height? [;)]

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:32 am
by rhondabrwn
Can't forget all my "critters"...

I come home and everyone gathers to meet me... note my horse comes out and leads me up the ranchyard where the goats are gathered (plus a few dogs). It's kinda funny actually. Until they mob the truck to see if I have hay or grain in the back [:D]



Image

Image

Image

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 am
by rhondabrwn
And that's my update!

Like the Starks in "Game of Thrones".. my motto is "Winter is Coming"

Resolved not use any propane for heat this year, wood stove or die!

Didn't build a fire tonight, but the house is down to 60 degrees already and I'm wrapped in a quilt and shaking like a leaf. Going to dive into bed with a few dogs to get warm. House will be in the low 50's by dawn. Our nighttime temps have been close to what I expect for most of the winter... just above freezing, though we'll hit the teens by January. Hoping to have at least six cords of wood cut in the next couple of weeks so I can keep the stove going constantly.

The low house temps have dampened my late night gaming activities, which is another reason for my not being around as much.

But I'll always be here in spirit!

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:40 am
by Orm
Hoping to have at least six cords of wood cut in the next couple of weeks so I can keep the stove going constantly.
Cutting your own wood keeps you warm twice. [;)]

Edit: You need some furs to keep you warm while gaming.

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:40 am
by warspite1
I hope the winter isn't too harsh Rhonda - best wishes.

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:40 am
by Missouri_Rebel
Thanks for sharing and stay safe and warm. Be careful of burning that cedar too much. You can destroy a firebox in no time.

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:42 am
by Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Hi friends,

Been among the missing of late...

Trying to get my ranch ready for a hard snowy winter ahead and that takes a lot of time and money, stocking up on hay and feed, stuff like candles for when I'm in the dark with limited solar power after cloudy winter days, lots of food for me as well! Cutting firewood, making repairs, getting improved shelter for my goats and my stallion, Storm.

Distraction over the shenanigans in Washington, of course.

On the plus side, I managed to get away from the ranch and head to Indianapolis to see my grandchildren!

So, picture time! Granddaughter is Cassandra and grandson is Ayden. Cassie is three months old now and Ayden just turned one year this week :)


Image

warspite1

Ah, cute [:)]
Really, really, cute. And she looks so tiny.

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:48 am
by rhondabrwn
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Met up with some old friends who I haven't seen in 15 years.

Somehow, Diane seems to have shrunk! I've never felt so tall in my life [:D]



Image
warspite1

Yes but you are not allowing for the fact that you are on the kerb and your friend is in the road. Let me guess? You are actually the same height? [;)]

No, that isn't a curb... we're on the level! We were neighborhood activists back in the late 70's in the near east side of Indianapolis. She was really heavy then and I guess I perceived her bulk as size, I guess. Honestly, I was glad to have other people driving me around, I didn't recognize Indianapolis after being away for 10 years. I kinda got reoriented by the end of the visit.

Anyway it was good to see her again. The picture was taken in the Fountain Square district of SE Indianapolis. It's one of the old Indy neighborhoods in the inner city. It's been turned into a restaurant and boutique area now, but still has the old charm.

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:54 am
by rhondabrwn
Oh, and I recently picked up a wannabe boyfriend... Scott is 6'5" and about 280 pounds.. he makes me feel tiny LOL

He's been very helpful and flattering, but weird... no chance of it going beyond friendship, at least from my perspective. Good conversationalist though and has an interesting life story... some of it violent and downright scary though. He's not a guy you want to get angry at you.

Well, probably way too much information, eh guys [:D]

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:25 am
by parusski
Well I wondered where you had wandered off to. Looks like you had fun.

Now back to our forum.[;)]

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:56 am
by wings7
Good to hear from you Rhondalynn and welcome back!

Patrick

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:37 am
by decaro
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

And that's my update!

Like the Starks in "Game of Thrones".. my motto is "Winter is Coming"

Resolved not use any propane for heat this year, wood stove or die!

Didn't build a fire tonight, but the house is down to 60 degrees already and I'm wrapped in a quilt and shaking like a leaf. Going to dive into bed with a few dogs to get warm ...

A "Three Dog Night"?

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:17 am
by berto

Country life -- I'm envious.
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Going to dive into bed with a few dogs to get warm.
That's what Scott is for. [:'(]

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:42 am
by vonRocko
Nice family Rhonda. I like your horse, they are amazing animals.Good luck this winter!

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:43 am
by Josh
Thx for the pics Rhonda [:)]
Love the pics of your "herd", Storm is the one that went MIA right? (as in seeing his g/f in the next meadow)
280 pounds you say... blimey that's pretty big, then again if he is a wargamer...he *is* a wargamer right? that would be your chance to play WiF [:D]
 
"...He's been very helpful and flattering, but weird... no chance of it going beyond friendship..." yeah that's okay I know the feeling. Friendship okay but nothing more.

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:59 am
by Titanwarrior89
You have been blessed with a beautiful family.  Great photos.  Hope your visit was great.[;)]

RE: Where Have I Been?

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:33 pm
by t001001001
Image