Page 1 of 3

I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm
by warspite1
As a wise nun once said,

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say, "Cuckoo"
Regretfully they tell us but firmly they compel us
To say goodbye to you

Yes folks its that time again. I would just like to say thank you, you've been a great audience, I'm here till Thursday, try the veal.


RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:26 pm
by Missouri_Rebel
You're not going anywhere. Someone grab the Tazer. Heck, MWiF is nearly released.

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:26 pm
by Titanwarrior89
Sorry to hear it.  Why are you leaving?

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 pm
by Aurelian
If you leave, you'll miss all the fun we'll have with the inevitable price thread when MWIF is released.

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 pm
by histgamer
What prompts someone with over 12k posts to just pack it in and call it a day one day?
ORIGINAL: warspite1

As a wise nun once said,

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say, "Cuckoo"
Regretfully they tell us but firmly they compel us
To say goodbye to you

Yes folks its that time again. I would just like to say thank you, you've been a great audience, I'm here till Thursday, try the veal.


RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:48 pm
by Missouri_Rebel
And warspite I could leave and no one would bat an eye. I'm good for one liners, defusing some situations and general light-hearted banter.

You Sir, are a benefit to Matrix games and your leaving would signal a loss for everyone. Contact me in PM please before you do go so that we can work through whatever issues you are having. I'm most certain they are minor in comparison to a world of hurt out there.

Reconsider?

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 pm
by budd
That would be in direct violation of forum codes of decency to walk off into the sunset and leave your Australian babes thread untended....that just won't do. You have obligations man and there are far too many serious people around this joint, if you disappear it could tip the delicate balance toward the cranky.

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 pm
by SLAAKMAN
warspite1
(He's retiring to Singapore in a time machine just in time for it to surrender to Japan in 1942!)
[:'(]

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 am
by Boomer78
As a CIA field agent once said, 'you don't leave the company, the company leaves you.'

Don't go though, Warspite. Your English stiff upper lip makes for a stable opponent for my rash, illogical American fist to swing at.

But if you're really serious about leaving, then I'll bust out my French DNA on my momma's side and tell you I perfectly understand the concept of surrender.



RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 am
by wodin
Whats up Mr W? Is this a domestic\personal matter or an issue with the forum..if it's the forum I'm sure things can be worked out. Also once WIF come sout surely you'll be wanting to post in that forum?

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:34 am
by Yogi the Great
Seriously [&:] With some of the recent threads I have to wonder.

But if true, thank you Warspite1 for being part of the forum. I have really enjoyed your contributions. Oh,Long Live the Queen

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am
by decaro
ORIGINAL: warspite1

... Yes folks its that time again. I would just like to say thank you, you've been a great audience, I'm here till Thursday, try the veal.

Until we meet again, then ...

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:14 pm
by Erik Rutins
I hope you and yours are Well, Warspite1. If you do go, I wish you fair winds and following seas.

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:30 pm
by Hertston
Bloody drama queen... [8|]

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:30 pm
by wings7
Robert, I respect you're decision but we are going to miss you [:(] and all your wonderful wisdom, knowledge and history! I hope you will come back soon and may God Bless You!

Patrick

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:59 pm
by Missouri_Rebel
ORIGINAL: Hertston

Bloody drama queen... [8|]


I did a search for 'bloody drama queen'. This is all I could come up with. Did you mean to say bloody homecoming queen?



Image

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:05 pm
by warspite1
Wow...that went horribly wrong... [&:]

I was simply saying goodnight as in my "I'm off to the kitchen to make some breakfast - anybody want anything" type threads.

The song was from The Sound of Music when they were saying goodnight - not goodbye....Perhaps I should have used the word goodnight in the post [X(]

Anyway, I hate it when people self-importantly announce they are leaving the forum (no dig at you wodin - I know you had good reason) and if I was going to %^&*^% off I would not be making any such announcement.

Thanks anyway for some of the nice comments, but, no doubt much to Hertson (or whatever his name is) annoyance, I'm going nowhere [:)].

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:17 pm
by Hertston
ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel


I did a search for 'bloody drama queen'. This is all I could come up with. Did you mean to say bloody homecoming queen?

Sorry, Brit thing.

Bloody, mild expletive.

Drama queen 'an overly dramatic person'.

In other words more like this,


Image

than this

Image

Warspite's latest comments noted. [;)]






RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:46 pm
by Boomer78
Well, you said you would be here until at least Thursday. Thursday is named after THOR, the god of thunder. I'm not sure if he's a fan of veal, though.

Glad you shall remain. I look forward to debating land wars in Asia and Australian history with you.

Image

RE: I bid you Adieu

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:49 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Boomer78

Well, you said you would be here until at least Thursday. Thursday is named after THOR, the god of thunder. I'm not sure if he's a fan of veal, though.

Glad you shall remain. I look forward to debating land wars in Asia and Australian history with you.

Image
warspite1

I shall look forward to it - although would give one word of advice re the former:

Never undertake a land war in Asia... or something