unable to play as user
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:19 pm
Hi,
I have a problem running Distant Worlds Shadow on Windows 7.
I installed Distant Worlds and all add-ons as non-Admin user (the istaller asked for the
Admin password) in a directory which is not the default one. I also updated by running the
updater dirctly (not autorun.exe menue)
I can start Distant Worlds as Administrator, but i am unable to start it as normal user.
Autorun.exe starts as user, but if i click on play or update in the menue Distant Worlds or
the Updater does not start, the update is able to run directly and is asking for the admin password.
I didn't see any errors and could not find any game log-files, old update logs.
But as i can run the game as admin, i don't think that it is the .Net/XNA problem
(FAQ 1.) but a problem with the permissions.
For security reasons i don't want to run the game as admin or with admin rights.
Can someon help me to add (only) the permissions the game neads, or if my analsys of the
problem is wrong direct my in the right direction.
Update:
Even as admin i am not able to run "Distant Worlds" directly, only from Autorun.exe (Menue)
which is started with "full Admin" permissions
I have a problem running Distant Worlds Shadow on Windows 7.
I installed Distant Worlds and all add-ons as non-Admin user (the istaller asked for the
Admin password) in a directory which is not the default one. I also updated by running the
updater dirctly (not autorun.exe menue)
I can start Distant Worlds as Administrator, but i am unable to start it as normal user.
Autorun.exe starts as user, but if i click on play or update in the menue Distant Worlds or
the Updater does not start, the update is able to run directly and is asking for the admin password.
I didn't see any errors and could not find any game log-files, old update logs.
But as i can run the game as admin, i don't think that it is the .Net/XNA problem
(FAQ 1.) but a problem with the permissions.
For security reasons i don't want to run the game as admin or with admin rights.
Can someon help me to add (only) the permissions the game neads, or if my analsys of the
problem is wrong direct my in the right direction.
Update:
Even as admin i am not able to run "Distant Worlds" directly, only from Autorun.exe (Menue)
which is started with "full Admin" permissions