Page 1 of 1

Off Topic: World at War

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 pm
by deadsunwheel
Completely off topic, but out of curiosity how many people here also play the World at War board game series? I have a strong suspicion that there is a lot of cross over. New and good games based on a Third World War in the 80's are pretty rare.

Personally I love the World at War game system. Fast, punchy, and much like FPC:RS very lethal. The best part for me though is its use of a chit draw unit activation mechanic. This means that you are always in risk assessment mode trying to figure out if your unit will be the next to activate.

RE: Off Topic: World at War

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:08 pm
by CapnDarwin
Great games. Of course I'm biased since my name is in the credits on most of them. [;)] Mark Walker designs some top notch games.

RE: Off Topic: World at War

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:23 pm
by zouave
I thought of trying to translate some of those scenarios to this game.

RE: Off Topic: World at War

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:55 pm
by Mad Russian
Every single platoon size unit game of this time period has been discussed to be ported into the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those conversions before too long. [8D]

Good Hunting.

MR

RE: Off Topic: World at War

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:53 am
by MikeAP
Someone needs to port the Team Yankee campaign.