Page 1 of 1
Questions
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 am
by mxmissile
Since there is no demo, I have to ask this. I love Paradox games (CKII, HOI, EU etc). Will I like this game?
And is there a bundle that includes all the expansions available?
RE: Questions
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 am
by Razbun
its not the same type of game. It doesn't "play itself" like the paradox games.
<Discussion of piracy is not allowed, official warning Razbun>
RE: Questions
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 am
by Mad Igor
react to this recommendation
there is nothing to react to,it's "against the law"
simple as that.
not many will tolerate recommendations of this kind on their own ground.
ban/warn in 3...2...

RE: Questions
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 am
by Osito
ORIGINAL: mxmissile
Since there is no demo, I have to ask this. I love Paradox games (CKII, HOI, EU etc). Will I like this game?
And is there a bundle that includes all the expansions available?
There's no way to deduce from the fact that you like Paradox games that you will like this game. The game has a fairly steep learning curve, but I personally found it worth the effort. I like it more than any Paradox game. Try one of the "Let's Plays" in the After Action Reports subsections, for example those from Das123. They should give you a good feel for what the game is like.
RE: Questions
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am
by Antiscamp
I love the Paradox games too. Right now, I'm into EUIV like crazy and loving the 1.3 patch. Distant Worlds is a little honey of mine too, and to some extent it does remind me of the Paradox titles.
I recommend you watch let's plays of the game to get an idea. I started doing let's plays of this game myself, because I wanted to show its splendour off so more people would get to see it in action. If you don't like my LP's (Don't blame you [:D]), I can recommend
Das, who is an excellent storyteller and explains things so people actually understand, or
Larry Monte who goes into real depth and detail with the game in some of his LP's. His latest LP throws you pretty much right into the action in a late-game random scenario.
RE: Questions
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:14 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi Razbun,
We don't allow discussion of piracy, it is against the forum rules, consider this a warning. Glad you like the game.
Regards,
- Erik