Page 1 of 7

My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:07 pm
by shunwick
Definitely buying this.

However, I figure I need about £140 and so far I have £6 in the gaming tin. The gaming tin goes up by £1 a week.

By my reckoning, that means 134 weeks to go before I can buy it. That's just over 2.5 years. But it's coming.

I always fancied getting the board game but it always beyond my financial reach. So I am not going to miss out on this. I am so looking forward to playing World in Flames. I have been for a very long time.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 pm
by AbwehrX
shunwick- For the 1 quid per week faction-

vassalengine.org Module: World_in_Flames

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:11 pm
by Jimm
ORIGINAL: shunwick

Definitely buying this.

However, I figure I need about £140 and so far I have £6 in the gaming tin. The gaming tin goes up by £1 a week.

By my reckoning, that means 134 weeks to go before I can buy it. That's just over 2.5 years. But it's coming.

I always fancied getting the board game but it always beyond my financial reach. So I am not going to miss out on this. I am so looking forward to playing World in Flames. I have been for a very long time.

Best wishes,
Steve
How I solved this dilemma:


"How would you like to pay?"

(types credit card number) "Eventually..."


With apologies to Iain M Banks and my bank manager.


RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:49 pm
by shunwick
ORIGINAL: AbwehrX

shunwick- For the 1 quid per week faction-

vassalengine.org Module: World_in_Flames

AbwehrX,

I tried Vassal and the World in Flames module a little while back but I could never work out how to play it. Gave up in frustration. I shall wait for the Matrix version.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 pm
by shunwick
ORIGINAL: Jimm

ORIGINAL: shunwick

Definitely buying this.

However, I figure I need about £140 and so far I have £6 in the gaming tin. The gaming tin goes up by £1 a week.

By my reckoning, that means 134 weeks to go before I can buy it. That's just over 2.5 years. But it's coming.

I always fancied getting the board game but it always beyond my financial reach. So I am not going to miss out on this. I am so looking forward to playing World in Flames. I have been for a very long time.

Best wishes,
Steve
How I solved this dilemma:


"How would you like to pay?"

(types credit card number) "Eventually..."


With apologies to Iain M Banks and my bank manager.


Tried the credit card route with Distant Worlds. I did not end well.

I think I shall stick to the £1 a week method for World in Flames. Seems safer to me.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 am
by shunwick
The good news is that the gaming tin now stands at £7.

The bad news (for WIF) is that with Ralph back on development of 3.5 and the hint of a promise of TOAW IV not that far away, I shall be using some of my stash for that. I figure this has put back my acquisition of World in Flames by another 50 weeks. So 133 + 50 = 183 weeks. And that is about 3.5 years away.

Therefore, my Quest for world domination will likely begin somewhere around 15 May 2017.

Thank you for your attention.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:57 pm
by shunwick
Well, the gaming tin has hit the £8 mark. Only 182 weeks away now.

Getting close all the time.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm
by warspite1
Good work shunwick - keep it up, we're all counting on you.

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 pm
by wodin
By the time you've saved the AI version will be out.

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:29 pm
by radic202
ORIGINAL: wodin

By the time you've saved the AI version will be out.


Hahaha, and Universe in Flames will be out.....................

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:16 am
by ess1
Try a newspaper run[;)]

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 am
by shunwick
The gaming tin now stands at £9. And then .... Slitherine & Matrix announce the holiday sale....

So far, I am resisting the urge. I figure that as I am aiming to become the sole ruler of the planet, I need to show some dedication to purpose. 181 weeks until my quest for world domination begins...... Be afraid.....

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:02 pm
by shunwick
While I am doing the washing...

The gaming tine now stands at a massive £10. So 180 weeks to go before my quest for world domination begins.

You can be assured that when my legions of terror have conquered the world, I shall not be doing my own washing. I shall have dusky maidens doing all the household chores - oh yes.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:14 am
by aspqrz02
ORIGINAL: shunwick

While I am doing the washing...

The gaming tine now stands at a massive £10. So 180 weeks to go before my quest for world domination begins.

You can be assured that when my legions of terror have conquered the world, I shall not be doing my own washing. I shall have dusky maidens doing all the household chores - oh yes.

But what about the significant other? Has She Who Must Be Obeyed given permission for Dusky Maidens, Cleaning, For The Use Of or not?

[:D]

I've noticed over the years that significant others generally have problems with that particular approval process [;)]

Phil

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:19 am
by Numdydar
Mine has told me she has no problems with other women, dusky or not as long as she says it is ok. 14 years and I am still waiting for an approval [X(]

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:37 pm
by shunwick
ORIGINAL: aspqrz

ORIGINAL: shunwick

While I am doing the washing...

The gaming tine now stands at a massive £10. So 180 weeks to go before my quest for world domination begins.

You can be assured that when my legions of terror have conquered the world, I shall not be doing my own washing. I shall have dusky maidens doing all the household chores - oh yes.

But what about the significant other? Has She Who Must Be Obeyed given permission for Dusky Maidens, Cleaning, For The Use Of or not?

[:D]

I've noticed over the years that significant others generally have problems with that particular approval process [;)]

Phil

Phil,

The lack of a significant other is why I am doing my own washing. [:(]

Only leather-clad dusky maidens need apply. [:D]

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:10 pm
by shunwick
My long march to world domination continues.

The gaming tin now stands at £11 and so 179 weeks to go.

I have been very busy designing the uniforms for my Legions of Terror since they need to look good as they a conquering the world. Also it has become clear that I shall need a secret hideaway to plan my conquests and nefarious plans. Looking round for suitable locations at the moment.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:26 pm
by markb50k
Hilarious.

I do hope you speed up the timetable. Seeing you having to wait so long for your undeniable quest to become Earth's Top Dog is excrutiating. Best Wishes!

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:35 pm
by Numdydar
ORIGINAL: shunwick

My long march to world domination continues.

The gaming tin now stands at �11 and so 179 weeks to go.

I have been very busy designing the uniforms for my Legions of Terror since they need to look good as they a conquering the world. Also it has become clear that I shall need a secret hideaway to plan my conquests and nefarious plans. Looking round for suitable locations at the moment.

Best wishes,
Steve

Well given your current budget, I know of some good cardboard box homes that are cheap [:D] I'm sure no one would ever look for a world leader in one of those lol.

RE: My Quest for World Domination

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:55 pm
by tocaff
You need a very wealthy and understanding significant other that will grease the wheels of your quest.