Page 1 of 2
Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:47 pm
by ralphtricky
I had a perfect storm of personal things going on in my life. That's been resolved. The big thing I regret was disappearing instead of trying to at least keep in contact. All I can say is that I'm sorry, and if something happens again to pull me away, I will at least offer regular communication instead of just disappearing.
Ralph
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:35 pm
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
I had a perfect storm of personal things going on in my life. That's been resolved. The big thing I regret was disappearing instead of trying to at least keep in contact. All I can say is that I'm sorry, and if something happens again to pull me away, I will at least offer regular communication instead of just disappearing.
Ralph
Glad ya's being back on the radar, RT! +1
Klink, Oberst
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:36 pm
by docgaun
Real life problems has a way to hitting you were you least expect it, and usually they come in bundles.
I just hope that you and your family are well, and i for one, is tremendously happy to have you back.
The Doc
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm
by shunwick
Ralph,
Welcome back.
Best wishes,
Steve
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:12 pm
by Jo van der Pluym
Ralph
Welcome back.
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:19 pm
by berto
Indeed, welcome back!
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:47 pm
by danlongman
Welcome, welcome back!! I hope all your personal stuff is resolved okay.
I am happy just to know you are back. Life happens when we are planning things...
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:40 pm
by Falcon1
Ralph how's C. Springs these days? I spent 4 years stationed at Cheyenne Mountain.
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 am
by josant
welcome back.
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:43 pm
by ralphtricky
Colorado Springs is doing OK. Still dry as dust overall, but we did get some rain a while ago.
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:32 pm
by maurorlm
Ralph:
Yes, that´s it. Welcome back. Now we can think on going back to our Scenarios development.[:D]
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:09 pm
by BigDuke66
Good to see that you made it thru the storm!
Welcome back!
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:33 pm
by JMass
Welcome back Ralph! [:)]
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:21 pm
by PRUSSIAN TOM
Glad you are back, and even gladder you got thing sorted out. Way to go!
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 am
by pzgndr
Welcome back! Great to hear that we can continue to look forward to new development work.
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 am
by tcarusil
Sir:
As far as I am concerned you owe no apologies. You are doing all of us a great service.
Hope all is well now.
TomC
ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
I had a perfect storm of personal things going on in my life. That's been resolved. The big thing I regret was disappearing instead of trying to at least keep in contact. All I can say is that I'm sorry, and if something happens again to pull me away, I will at least offer regular communication instead of just disappearing.
Ralph
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:33 am
by Olorin
Welcome back Ralph [:)]
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:15 pm
by governato
Welcome back and looking forward to v3.5 and 4!
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:20 pm
by altipueri
By co-incidence I just read today a thread from about 2010 (tealeaves something or other) about wargame UI development and I saw you had posted on it.
Welcome back.
One thing as a casual/occasional player is that this game engine has the ability to be a game system for almost any era, yet is now pretty much exclusively WW2 or at least 20th century, but one of the tutorial scenarios you get directed to as a newcomer is Waterloo 1815.
I think a universal game system is a great objective. Advanced Tactics almost had it with mods for Napoleonic and Ancients, but in its latest version has also slipped to just 20th century. Those Romans were pretty clever but didn't have railway tracks.
RE: Sorry for the Hiatus
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:51 pm
by Jeff Norton
Welcome back - no appologies are nessasary, between friends.