Page 1 of 1

Design/Build Questions

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:40 am
by Novaliz
I am new to the game. I bought it today. So my question:

I start in the Pre-Warp phase. I dont have the materials to build lasers, command centers etc... BUT I can build the ships (for example a destroyer) in my docks, who needs all this components. I do not own all the materials and in the design manager all the components are marked orange. How can that be?


RE: Design/Build Questions

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:00 am
by Canute0
At the beginning your homeworld got a big stock of all needed materials. To see the stock, open the planetary window of your homeworld (doubleclick at the name at the infowindow down left, or open the colonie overview window) then select the cargo tab.

But you should build soon Mining stations for these materials or let do this the Construction ships automatical.


RE: Design/Build Questions

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:24 am
by Novaliz
Thank you :) Now I have a second Question:

When I dont have all the material for a particular component and if is not crucial for the ship, it builds the ship automatically without this component, right? And if so, is there a way to see what components a built ship have?

But why can I build a Destroyer, when the design needs a command center and at the beginning of the game I dont have polymer for the component?

RE: Design/Build Questions

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:30 am
by Canute0
To see the components, check the design of that ship you want, you can check at the component guide what resources these component need to get build.

At the colony window there is a construction tab you can take a look into.
And you can look at the Ship window at the component tab, you can see damamaged and not builded there.

RE: Design/Build Questions

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:33 am
by Atts
When you start a new Pre-Warp game, as mentioned, you get a stock of most of the games strategic and luxury resources, I think the only exceptions are Korabbian Spiace, Loros Fruit and Zentabian Fluid, the three Ultra-Rare resources. Usually the amount varies from about 2500 to 15k, depending onthe specific resource. You can check this in the Colony Tab by selecting the given planet you wish to look at and selecting the Cargo Tab.

When a component ir orange in the design menu this does not mean you do not have the phsyical resources to build it only that you do not have a supply provided by either a planetor mining station, as such you can't increase the stock of the given resource, you've only got whats on hand.

To see the components currently on a ship you can double click the design name in the ships information windows on the bottom left of the screen, this will show you the specific componenets it had and which ones are damaged. Its good for ships that you've acquired through exploration or capture so as to see if their worth keeping, retrofitting or scrapping.

RE: Design/Build Questions

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:07 am
by Novaliz
thx! now i got it! :D