Page 1 of 1

[FIXED B470] Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:38 pm
by El Savior
Is someone able to download and test this very simple test scenario. In my computer it will always freeze after playing few seconds - no error message COMMAND just complete freezes.

I made simple Exclusion zone test. One BB Iowa, added exclusion zone under it. One Mig-25 flying to exclusion zone. Before mig reaches exclusion zone my COMMAND freezes.

I dont know is this my computer or bug.


RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:33 pm
by thewood1
I have run for 15 minutes without a freeze.

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:47 pm
by El Savior
ORIGINAL: thewood1

I have run for 15 minutes without a freeze.

Thanks! That's all I wanted to hear. My damn Windows is making those crashes then. I might need to reinstall it.

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:11 am
by thbrix
Hi

I dont think its your computer. I am working on a scenario and everything works fine, right until i make an exclusion zone. When i hereafter start the clock, cmano crashes after 30 sec.

I can then restart, remove the exclusionzone and everything works again.


RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:13 am
by Dimitris
ORIGINAL: thbrix

Hi

I dont think its your computer. I am working on a scenario and everything works fine, right until i make an exclusion zone. When i hereafter start the clock, cmano crashes after 30 sec.

I can then restart, remove the exclusionzone and everything works again.

Can you please post the pre-crash autosave? Thanks!

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:21 am
by thbrix
Hi Sunburn

Here it is. I am on newest public build, and i am working in editor-mode.

EDIT: sorry, this is not an autosave, but the scenario, before the EZ is added. I figured you could try and add the EZ, and see if you get the crash, ok?

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:21 am
by thbrix
Screenshot

Image

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:44 am
by El Savior
After restarting Windows my test scenario runs fine. No hangs.

But I made second simple exclusion test. Single Ticonderoga vs. soviet Tu-22 between exclusion zone (make hostile). COMMAND hangs in 10 sec. No error message, program "not responding".

I started COMMAND again, loaded same scenario and everything runs fine again. It seems scenario hangs only first time after creating exclusion zone.

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:45 am
by thewood1
I tried the test scenario and it ran for 15 minutes after I created an exclusion zone.

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:46 am
by thewood1
One oddity though is I couldn't change the time accelleration. No matter the setting, the game ran at 1:1. Closed and restarted the scenario and no issues now.

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:56 am
by Dimitris
ORIGINAL: thewood1
One oddity though is I couldn't change the time accelleration. No matter the setting, the game ran at 1:1.

That's a very strong indication of a "silent" crash (ie. one of the simulation threads crashed and it did not cause the entire application to stop, as it should).

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:08 am
by Dimitris
Found it. Fixed in Build 470.

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 am
by thbrix
Nice!

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 am
by thewood1
I re-ran it with no issues.

RE: Scenario freezes (exclusion zone)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:15 pm
by El Savior
Great! Thanx.