Page 1 of 3

Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:48 pm
by TMP95
Even with "Target of opportunities" turned OFF - With Build 469 it will automatically turn on at some point and every ship (regardless of inside of a group or not) will launch tomahawks where they see fit.

It would be one thing if they did this when you gave the "all go" type signal. But really hurting my ability to play when trying to set something up and out of the blue I have 20 tomahawks in the air...

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:50 pm
by TMP95
I'm playing Iranian Drum mission - I have tried editing the mission to make sure targets of opportunity is seleced off (inherintely) as well as trying to double turn them off again once mission starts. Yet at some point it switches to ON. Pretty much as soon as the first A to A engagement happens...

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:46 pm
by TMP95
Is there a way to stop this from happening? basically has my ability to use CMANO at a stand still. Lots of energy / time into setting up my layout only within several mins of gameplay for my entire BG to start launching.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:24 pm
by thewood1
I don't think 460 had the target of opportunity setting. Sounds like you have the versions mixed up.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:28 pm
by TMP95
I"m on the latest public release Build 469 -

Within the first 2 mins of the Operation Drum (Iran mission). My Battle Group has launched over 110 Tomahawk missiles. Does this seem right??

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:56 pm
by thewood1
I let mine run for an hour and not launched a single Tomahawk. The SAG was constantly launching SAMs at what appears to be Iranian CAP Mig-29s, but nothing else.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:00 am
by TMP95
Really?? I've restarted this mission now 5 times. This last time I did not launch a single aircraft (well a two ship of F-35s to try and play test something else) and within 2 mins I had over 100 Tomahawk's lanuched.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:04 am
by TMP95
See attached

Image

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:05 am
by TMP95
Here targeting on own -

Image

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 am
by thewood1
I saw in the support section that the bug is in setting an entire side's ROE. It looks like opportunity never gets fully set. I always set ROE by groups.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:24 am
by thewood1
Interestingly, when I start it up, the default ROE is do not engage targets of opportunity. Does yours start up as Yes?

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:31 am
by thewood1
I switched opportunity fire to yes, it took it, and immediately fired off Tomahawks. That is the behavior I would expect from the game.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:38 am
by TMP95
Yes. Mine is auto set to yes. Even when I switch it to "No". Still auto switches itself back to Yes.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:40 am
by TMP95
And how does one set ROEs BY GROUP?? Where is this option? I only see setting by the entire Side.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:53 am
by TMP95
There is some type of BUG going on with my Build. I can go in through the editor. Open up the Iran Drum mission. I can go to editor tab. Click slides. Click ROE for any particular side. And for USA. It will switch between YES and NO (on targets of opportunity) right before my eyes. Click on and look, it will show NO. Close it. recheck the ROE tab and it will then show YES???

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 am
by TMP95
I have went and Reinstalled another DL of Build 469 - Thus far my battle group is not auto targeting with 100s of tomahawks now! I guess one should never touch the Side ROEs. perhaps.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:15 am
by TMP95
Though if one wants to adjust the proficency scale I think you come in contact with reshaping ROEs per side perhaps. As this is all I adjusted before.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:00 am
by Dimitris
Can we please get a step-by-step to precisely reproduce the problem?

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 am
by thewood1
btw, as the manual states, you can adjust ROE by group from the info box on the right. Select a group, click on ROE in the info box, click change. CHange any ROE for the group.

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am
by TMP95
Still doing it with reinstalled 469 Build -

What is happening. I"m playing Operation Drum (Iran mission). If I start game up and don't do anything. Make one decision. Only thing BG will do is launch some self-defense RIM shots at MIG-29s.

However, if I plot 1 aircraft course, put one aircraft on the map. The entire battle group will auto matically switch its "target of opportunity" from OFF to ON. Thus launching every tomahawk within mins.

Latest pic, new reinstalled 469 build. less than 2 mins in.

Image