Page 1 of 1

Patches and such

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:01 pm
by Owl
I've sat around reading about the game long enough and want to finally get out and purchase a copy.
Problem is I have a 56.6k connection and the idea of spending hours downloading and updating patch to patch until the game is in the latest version is discouraging.

Assuming I have the game brand new, is there a single patch that will update it to the most recent version or do I have to patch sequentially through several versions?

How big are the patches?

thanks!

56k

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:31 pm
by mogami
Greetings, Just use the true update inside the UV folder. I've upgraded with a 56k modem (no where near as fast as the DSL I now have but workable. (tell it to update and go watch the World Series or out for a beer)

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:56 pm
by WW2'er
Actually, if you wait just a little longer, the next batch of games direct from Matrix will be made with Version 2.0 so you won't have to download any patches immediately. Unknown how much longer you will have to wait though. (Couple weeks?)

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:24 am
by teck
There is no problem with downloads. don't let that stop you from purchasing

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:42 am
by Von Rom
I have a 56K modem, and downloading the patches were no problem.

Use a download utility like GetRight. Then you can download ALL the patches and store them on a seperate disc.