Page 1 of 1
Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 pm
by Have
Question about the editor, how can I set the direction of a SAM unit radar? For example when I add a SAM Bty (Sky Bow I/II Bty [Tien Kung 1/2, Mobile] its course is by default 0 deg and the radar system is fixed to something like 80 degree direction. I have found no way to change the direction.
It is the same thing with Patriot PAC-2 batteries. Course is 0 and radar is pointing to 80 degrees or so. Also when you add a patriot unit it does not have any radar at all, just the Mk1 Eyeball. So if you manually add a sensor (the AN/MPQ-53 in this case) then you can choose which direction it should point to. Surely this cannot be the way how it is supposed to be handled?
RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:17 pm
by Dimitris
In ScenEdit mode, right-click the unit and choose "Set Orientation".
RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:23 pm
by apd1004
You set the direction by right clicking on the unit and selecting "Set Orientation" at the very bottom. You then use the slider to adjust the heading.
Reference the Patriot PAC-2, it appears you are correct - in the database entry it shows the AN/MPQ-53 radar in the mounts section but when you go to the sensors window (F9), the only thing there is Mk1 Eyeball.
This is definitely a change with the Build 469 database and I know for sure the MPQ-53 was available in the F9 screen with the Build 460 DB. Not sure if the change was by design or not.
RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:13 pm
by Have
Thanks! It works

RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:24 pm
by Tomcat84
for the Mk1 eyeball only thing, try unpausing the sim for like 6 to 9 seconds and then looking again.
should fix it i think
RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:29 pm
by SSN754planker
Wait did i miss something? we can change the initial heading of the units now when we place them?
And if this is the case, can we adjust altitude, speed, and fuel state yet?
RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 pm
by smudge56
No it's the direction you can set the radar to look at I think.
RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:17 am
by Tomcat84
It's only for facilities I believe. And for airfields it does affect the heading with which planes get airborne which is a nice touch

RE: Editor - how to set unit radar direction?
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:27 am
by smudge56
Oh cheers I didn't know that very cool.