Page 1 of 1
Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:09 am
by BradM
Is there a reason why the Kiev doesn't have any Yak-38's embarked as air cover? I have never known the Kiev to sortie without any Yak for CAP.
Brad
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:56 am
by Russian Heel
ORIGINAL: BradM
Is there a reason why the Kiev doesn't have any Yak-38's embarked as air cover? I have never known the Kiev to sortie without any Yak for CAP.
Brad
There is a thread on this, by 1989 this was often the case. The Yak-38 didn't provide air cover it provided wasted space.
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 am
by Russian Heel
The real inaccuracy for the Soviet side is the names of the submarines. It is 1989, K-525 was simply K-525, not Arkhangelsk, K-480 in the scenario is a Sierra I (Barakuda) when in fact this boat was a Project 971 Shuka (NATO Akula I) and this submarine was only K-480 until 24 July 1991 when it was named "Bars" and then finally Ak Bars on 27 April 1998. K-276 (now B-276 Kostroma) was not "Krab" until 6 April 1993.
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:26 am
by smudge56
Don't make it easy do they. [;)]
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm
by Russian Heel
ORIGINAL: Blighty56
Don't make it easy do they. [;)]
Well, it's understandable how it happens. I'm a solutions guy, I'm working on a document for the Soviet/Russian sub classes in DB3K with names, dates of those names, service dates, fleet assignments with dates.
If it isn't too much work I might move on to the smaller surface classes (Destroyers and Frigates) The cruisers and larger are pretty easy to find info on if you can't read Russian.
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:19 pm
by BradM
Thanks for the reply. I visited Vlad back in 1990 and I saw a Kiev berthed there. Not sure the name, but she had a pair of Yaks on her deck. Perhaps for show. I am in the Canadian Navy, and I enjoyed the port visit very much.
Brad
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 pm
by mikmykWS
Guys you can edit the aircraft using the editor and a few minutes of your time. Probably takes less time than to write about here.
Thanks!
Mike
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:56 pm
by BradM
I've only been playing the game for a couple of weeks, getting use to the game play, weapon and sensor ranges etc. I'll figure out the editor later.
Brad
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 am
by ComDev
Added a bug report on the Russian sub names. Thanks [8D]
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 am
by BradM
Just sank the Invincible..took 30 missiles (As-4, SS-N-19 & SS-N-12) to saturate the air defenses to get two hits. Not sure how accurate this is, as I am an ASW guy.
Brad
RE: Duelist Scenario Question
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 pm
by mikmykWS
Brad you can actually look at the logs of the engagement to see what exactly happened.
Go to game->print to file and they are written to the logs file of you command directory.
Thanks!
Mike