Page 1 of 1

An easy way to see combat-odds

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 pm
by Blue Army
Hello

Does anybody know: Is there a way to see the precise calculated odds in your planned combat before you move on to the phase where you actually executive the combats? Today I have to calculate and keep tracks of the odds manually e.g. in the combat-decision phase and in the phase, where you can add groundsupport. There must be an easier way.

Thanks
Michael

RE: An easy way to see combat-odds

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:20 pm
by Dr. Foo
After declaring an attack, place the cursor of the unit you wish to attack. In the main info window you will see the odds and any die roll modifiers.

RE: An easy way to see combat-odds

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:27 pm
by Blue Army
That easy[8|]

Thanks
Michael

RE: An easy way to see combat-odds

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:21 pm
by Ingtar
It shows up if you move the mouse cursor a bit, so you don't even have to move off the defender stack.

RE: An easy way to see combat-odds

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 am
by Joseignacio
However, be very careful with this, the game cannot calculate and offer all the possible ground, air support, HQ support, etc., and which air support will pass the interceptors or be affected if there is an AA adjacent and the player uses it.

Although if we think of it, this is obvious, I got a couple of nasty surprises before. When I play tabletop WIF I am used to checking all but with MWIF, since the game seems to be calculating all the odds, I was not checking anything. But you still need to check this. [:)]