Page 1 of 1
One Question and One Suggestion
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:40 am
by ChrisMaiorana
Is there a German Infantry Field Artillery Regt in the estab files? I've looked multiple times and the highest level unit I can find is at a battalion level.
Also, a suggestion would be to create a way to filter the estab force lists by unit level. If this exists, can someone share how here?
Thanks.
Chris
RE: One Question and One Suggestion
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:36 am
by ChrisMaiorana
Actually forget my suggestion. It's probably not a good use of a developer's time based on the amount of people that are likely using the editor. I will muddle through!

RE: One Question and One Suggestion
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:21 pm
by Lieste
I can pretty much guarantee you won't want anything as large as a Regt (of the 2-3 Bn type) as a single entity*. If you want such a unit, I'd group 2-3 Bn and a base unit under an HQ - they can be used to bombard en-mass by ordering the HQ to bombard, or can fire separate Bn missions.
* with the possible exception of 1945 "Armies" or some Soviet units badly depleted in fighting or which exist only on paper - here a Regt Kampfgruppe might be a heavily reinforced company sized grouping.
While there isn't a way of quickly finding all artillery units of size III, in the Estab Editor it is possible to use "Window">"Find Estabs by Text">(Regt) (or 105mm or 10.5cm etc - you need to be specific and appropriate but not *too* specific, and use the results intelligently - click the entries in the list box to open their page). You can also select "sort by HQ/name" which places all artillery units after their branch/unit HQs, but you still have to browse the whole list ~ it can be faster because there is a consistency to the order while the 'natural' list order is based on ID no and does no sort. I don't know without checking whether the similar function is available within the Scn Editor - I know the sort order can be set, but haven't tried searching (the possibility doesn't 'ring a bell' though)
Note that the UK Artillery Regt is a Bn sized formation and some of these are present.
RE: One Question and One Suggestion
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:22 am
by ChrisMaiorana
Hi Lieste. Thanks for your response! I probably wasn't clear, I was just looking for the TAC HQ unit for a regiment not the regiment itself. For the scenario I am working on I've broken the artillery units out by battalion and battery.
Thanks for the sorting tip also. I am going to try that this morning. Appreciate it!
Chris
RE: One Question and One Suggestion
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:44 am
by Perturabo
I tend to group arty bns under infantry HQs and then use them as a single regiment.
RE: One Question and One Suggestion
Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 am
by ChrisMaiorana
Thanks Perturabo! Good idea.