Page 1 of 1

Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:37 pm
by Ebusitanus
Hello,
Have had the same for quite some time and been a PTO buff since ever. I want to play this game badly and now I have the time to do so.
yet, trhe game itself terrifies me when thinking about starting up.

Anyone knows of any good youtube walkthrough tutorial for a few turns?

Thanks for your help and understanding

RE: Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:02 pm
by jeffk3510
tm.asp?m=2564541

I have always thought this one is about as good as it gets.

Sardaukar's newbie guide is very good.

Thanks.

RE: Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:50 am
by cohimbra
You can also take a look to the tutorial videos made by n01487477, you can find it here:
https://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/

RE: Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:34 am
by Ebusitanus
Thanks a bunch. I will go and read this stuff and see if I can gather enough guts to start hehehehe

What I would really have needed is someonejust running, say, the first US turn and explaining step by step what was done in a youtube clip. :D

RE: Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:00 pm
by Yaab
That would make a nice feature film or better, a "Hobbit"-like trilogy of "Air", "Naval" and "LCU".

RE: Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:16 pm
by LoBaron
ORIGINAL: Yaab

That would make a nice feature film or better, a "Hobbit"-like trilogy of "Air", "Naval" and "LCU".

[:D]

And each part would take some hours to watch, at least had I directed the vid. Stupid damn micro management addiction...

RE: Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:51 pm
by n01487477
ORIGINAL: Ebusitanus

Thanks a bunch. I will go and read this stuff and see if I can gather enough guts to start hehehehe

What I would really have needed is someonejust running, say, the first US turn and explaining step by step what was done in a youtube clip. :D
I am making a new series of video's but not for the big campaign yet. I am attempting to do Guadalcanal - just because it is where most beginners start. Coral Sea is too basic (maybe)

[edit] I am also remastering all that I did before youtube allowed big uploads.

RE: Any walkthrough tutorial?

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:58 am
by Ebusitanus
ORIGINAL: n01487477

I am making a new series of video's but not for the big campaign yet. I am attempting to do Guadalcanal - just because it is where most beginners start. Coral Sea is too basic (maybe)

[edit] I am also remastering all that I did before youtube allowed big uploads.

Great to hear. Please link us here as soon as possible.
More than the big strategic or even tactic decisions what is missed in most youtube clips is a click by click description of what you are doing and the rationale behind it. A "small" scenario would help as much.

Thanks for the effort!