Page 1 of 1

Objective Hex and Mine Icons

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:44 am
by rdinardo
Tonight I had to reload SP World at War and noticed that when I call the game up it has the small flag icons for objective hexes and the small round mines on the map. I used to have the larger flags and skull and crossbones for mines, but don't remember where I downloaded those improved graphics. Can anyone help me out and steer me to the right site to download these, or if possible email me these icons. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Objective Hex and Mine Icons

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:38 pm
by WanhaPatu
Umm... SP:WAW default graphics does have skull & bones for mines. What version of WAW did you install?

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:34 pm
by Redleg
That sounds like the H2H Mod which uses small v-flags and round land mines.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:16 am
by rdinardo
I loaded the SPWAW 7.1 from the Watchtower MegaCampaign disk and it had the small victory flags, original round mines, and small dirt entrenchments. I ended up copying the appropriate SHP files from my laptop computer and moving them into the game SHP folder on my hard drive. It came out alright doing this. Does anybody have a list of what the icon 000-100 files are, or where I can get one? I'd like to know what icon files are for what graphics (such as entrenchments, mines, etc.) so that way when someone creates new ones I know what icons I may/may not want to replace. Thanks for the responses to my original post.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:31 pm
by Warhorse
Well, in the shp directory there is the icondatalist.txt. This lists all the vehicles in the game, however it is hard to read!! If you drop me a line at dasreich@attglobal.net I will list the ones for you that aren't listed.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:57 pm
by DoubleDeuce
Yes, the H2H mod does have the small V-hex and round mines. Are the larger V-hex and skull/crossbone mine markers in there or do they need to be copied from 7.1 over to H2H? If they need copied over, which ones are they?

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:51 am
by Redleg
I don't know - H2H's small mines and smaller v-hex flags are my favorites so I haven't tried to find the larger ones.

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:03 am
by Bing
Redleg - The flag SHP file can be flip-flopped, I did this when my partner threw in the small flag shp file and I wanted to go back to the larger variety.

Mike Amos might know offhand the shp file number for both the flags and the mines (not yours - thats MINES) - if no one comes up with it, I'll dig around and get the file numbers.

Wire fence?

Bing

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:01 am
by Warhorse
Hi, the icon0014.shp is the one with the mines, dragonsteeth, craters, etc in it. Icon0016.shp is the file with the flags you are referring to. Hope this helps!!:D

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:44 am
by rdinardo
Thanks everyone for responding to my forum post. I think it would be useful if someone can zip and post somewhere the shp files for large and small flags, and skull and crossbone and small mines, etc. This way players can have both and decide which ones they'd like to use.