Page 1 of 1

[Q] Illumination v. Targeting vectors

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 pm
by jbyng
I have seen Illumination vectors (broken red line) in the game from time, like with an LGB. But I haven't seen the Targeting vector broken green line.

Can someone explain the difference between a Targeting and an Illumination vector? When would I see a Targeting vector? Thanks!

RE: Illumination v. Targeting vectors

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 pm
by dandin384
A targeting vector is telling you a unit has orders to engage target X, and is firing or preparing to fire. Illumination vectors mean target X is illuminated by some kind of sensor, using your example a LGB would be tracking a laser from an air/ground unit.

RE: Illumination v. Targeting vectors

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:01 am
by Jakob Wedman
Have you turned targeting vectors on? (Map Settings - Targeting Vectors - All [or Selected Unit])