Page 1 of 1

What Does Beaming Accomplish?

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 pm
by gsmith63
When my aircraft are engaged defensive they look like they are trying to speed up and beam the hostile launcher or weapon. This looks totally realistic and should make it easier to make the hostile FC radar break lock, or failing that present a more challenging target. Looking at the weapons calculations in the log, I can’t see where beaming is taken into account in the jamming or hit probability calculations. Does beaming have any practical value in the game right now? Is there any plan to do bearing rate calculations (which I know can be very processor-intensive) and factor them into anti-air weapons calculations?

Gregg

RE: What Does Beaming Accomplish?

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm
by MR_BURNS2
The missiles fly a longer way and lose more energy.

RE: What Does Beaming Accomplish?

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:52 pm
by MrLink
I always thought that was taken into account as part of the agility factor added to the aircraft.