Page 1 of 1

Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 am
by turbine69
Hi All,

Newbie first post, so hope im doing this right...

My system - i7 3770 3.40GHZ 16GB 64-BIT WINDOWS 8.1 (Just spoilt myself for Boxing Day)

Been stalking / reading this forum for the past few months in anticipation for purchasing this game. Finally bought it a few days ago...and here is the problem.
I am running it through my TV via HDMI and when the game loads, the screen is not adjusted correctly, it loads up to the right/bottom of the screen. Cannot even get to the game menu or see the 'X button to get out of the Galactopedia... This was on the recommended 1024-728 format that it tells me to do when I load up.

I just tried on 1920-1080 and I could at least get to the main menu but i was missing the options on the bottom in the start up screen and even the background picture is to the right.

I installed all the expansions, did the updates, in the order that I read on here, have tried changing my graphic settings/refresh rate/ratio etc No luck. Anything obvious I have missed?

And apologies in advance if this has been mentioned, I did search on here.

Thanks in advance.


RE: Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:25 am
by Darkspire
Hi turbine69, welcome to the forums [:)]

Not sure if this will help but it has helped others.

Display Changer

Darkspire

RE: Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:22 am
by turbine69
Hi Darkspire, thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Had a feeling you would be the first to reply...

Yeah had a play around it, think it has worked!

Now to try and figure out this game...

Cheers!



RE: Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:32 am
by Icemania
That's a mighty nice flag there turbine69!

RE: Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!! AGAIN

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:05 am
by turbine69
Hi All,

Havent been on here for a while.

I have got the same error as above. I tried that link you posted Darkspire, it did work, well sort of work that I could have a go of the game, but now it does not do anything. Every setting I try, the galactopedia, intro screen, title screen are on the right hand/bottom of my tv. Cannot even get to 'X' button to close it to get to the menu.
Cannot understand why this happening, when I have tried older and newer games and they all work fine on any setting on my tv.
Any other suggestions?

RE: Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:07 am
by turbine69
Hi All,

Havent been on here for a while.

I have got the same error as above. I tried that link you posted Darkspire, it did work, well sort of work that I could have a go of the game, but now it does not do anything. Every setting I try, the galactopedia, intro screen, title screen are on the right hand/bottom of my tv. Cannot even get to 'X' button to close it to get to the menu.
Cannot understand why this happening, when I have tried older and newer games and they all work fine on any setting on my tv.
Any other suggestions?

RE: Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!! AGAIN

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:08 am
by turbine69
Thanks Icemania, it is a lovely flag! haha

RE: Newbie - Display Error - Please Help!!! AGAIN

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:31 pm
by Gabberkooij
I've the exact same problem as the topic starter. I've now remaoved the remark characters from the startup.ini and using the 1024x768 it is working in a small window. But as soon as I set it to a bigger value some dialog windows will be too much to the right.

It is almost if the calculations for the dialogs see a bigger screen...

Any other solution for this?

Martijn