Page 1 of 1

no more flicker problem

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:13 pm
by admiralT
I deleted WITE entirely and reinstalled WITE but when I tried to install Don to the Danube it wouldn't accept my serial #. I enjoyed WITE while it lasted. I have returned to the Age of Kings

bye Admiral

RE: no more flicker problem

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 pm
by Shiva the Destroyer
I had no trouble reinstalling WITE after a 2 year hiatus and purchased/installed the new add-ons without difficulty.

When you purchased Don to the Danube, you should have received a new serial number for just it's specific installation. Perhaps you tried to use the wrong serial number asked for?

RE: no more flicker problem

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:08 am
by Denniss
Two serials - one to install the basic WitE and another for the DttD expansion.
For any expansion install please remember to install the latest update again, this updates has fixes for the expansion that#s only installed if the expansion is already present.

RE: no more flicker problem

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:35 am
by swkuh
Uhh... using "Lost Battles" expansion and don't remember needing a 2nd serial number. What's up with that? (Believe I am getting all latest updates w/o exceptions, however.

RE: no more flicker problem

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:16 pm
by Denniss
Unless there's an all-in-one versin with both expansion you need a serial for basic game + two more for the expansions. AFSIR for the update installation the basic game serial is used, installed expansions are detected via registry entry and updated as well.

RE: no more flicker problem

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:49 pm
by swkuh
Right you are. I do have 2 serial numbers, WitE & Lost Battles. Would there be Lost B's update only some time requiring its unique serial number (Hmm... only scenario changes, I guess?)