Retrofitting ships
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:32 am
Hello,
I have recently started playing Distant Worlds. So far so good, but I have a question regarding retrofitting. Is there a better way to do it than the way I am using now?
- For instance, I have obtained (via trade) the enhanced hab & life support modules. ALL designs need these, naturally, so I am manually editing every design in order to optimize it. If I press the auto-upgrade button, the design gets refitted, but not optimized (the number of modules won't change, if, say, it can run on four life supports now instead of five).
- The old design gets the 'obsolete' flag. This does not automatically make the old ships to retrofit to the latest version. If I have dozens of ships, sending each one to retrofit manually is a PITA.
So, is there any automation option I could use to help me with this? I only have the basic game, with no extensions so far.
Thanks!
I have recently started playing Distant Worlds. So far so good, but I have a question regarding retrofitting. Is there a better way to do it than the way I am using now?
- For instance, I have obtained (via trade) the enhanced hab & life support modules. ALL designs need these, naturally, so I am manually editing every design in order to optimize it. If I press the auto-upgrade button, the design gets refitted, but not optimized (the number of modules won't change, if, say, it can run on four life supports now instead of five).
- The old design gets the 'obsolete' flag. This does not automatically make the old ships to retrofit to the latest version. If I have dozens of ships, sending each one to retrofit manually is a PITA.
So, is there any automation option I could use to help me with this? I only have the basic game, with no extensions so far.
Thanks!