Page 1 of 1

A couple of suggestions

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:42 pm
by DasTactic
I've been uploading another YouTube series of Distant Worlds and a number of my viewers have left some really good suggestions that I'd like to pass on.

1. Have a cool-down for both enforcing and releasing treaties. For example, if a player declares a trade embargo then make it stick for say six months before you can remove it. Similarly if you remove the trade embargo have another six month cool-down before you can put another one back on again. Violating the cool-down would lead to a reputation penalty.

This would solve players exploiting the AI to milk funds but should also stop the constant flip-flop the AI does with treaties.

2. With regards colonisation tech, have these unique for each race. If, for example, a race has the ability to settle volcanic planets at the start the progression through the tech tree for colonisation should be very different for races that can settle continental planets.

And one I would like to see...

3. Have some ship class place-holders for user-made ship designs. For example if you want a planet-bomber capital ship and a general purpose capital ship that upgrade along different paths it involves a lot of micromanagement. Ideally it would be good if the bomber ship in the example was its own class.

RE: A couple of suggestions

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:08 pm
by ASHBERY76
The lack of any impact in diplomacy and the ease of ignoring any treaty is very annoying.You pay a zillion credits for a third party to go to war or embargo and they accept and then laugh when they dissolve it 5 minutes later.Alliances are also a waste of time.

RE: A couple of suggestions

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:37 pm
by Tiberiumkyle
Only one I've ever bothered with are free trade agreements for a bit more trade income, but even when an empire hates me, unless they do something drastic like declare war, my traders will still do good business with them.

RE: A couple of suggestions

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:00 pm
by Hrdina
I would definitely like to see #1. I have only just started playing DW, but think I'll find #3 more appealing as I play more.

RE: A couple of suggestions

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 pm
by elanaagain
I would like to see explosions caused by spys limited in strength /damage. Any worthwhile civilization will have ways to limit large payload explosives. Taking out a large base with a spy seems unbabancing, to me.

RE: A couple of suggestions

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:27 am
by CyclopsSlayer
I would also like to see War Weariness fade. As it is it clears the instant you go to peace so you can go back to war all fresh 10 seconds later.

RE: A couple of suggestions

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 am
by DevildogFF
Yes, please god, to all three.