Page 1 of 1

IJN Opponent wanted

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:36 am
by Luskan
Have just had 2 PBEMs "Finish" and am currently thoroughly enjoying the mad scramble to survive against an experienced IJN opponent (early '43).

So I would like to start (yet) another game with me as the Allies scn 15 or 17 (pref. 17), 100% (or more) committment both sides, damage control on, ijn sub doctrine up to you, variable reinforcement, no resigning in the first 100 turns no matter how many ships we loose (To be honest I think I'd only ever surrender if I was unable to continue playing, not because I was loosing).

At least 1 turn minimum per 24 hours - so preferably an Aussie opponent (but not necessarily). In the next 4 weeks I'm finishing up my last degree and will be studying/working etc. so I probably won't be able to do much more than a couple of turns a night, however after November, turn rate will probably increase to 5 or 6 turns a night (if possible).

Note: Do not use savegame slots 6, 8, 17 or 20.
Second Note: Any information you receive from me in an email is likely to be misleading/bluffing/downright lying/the truth.

Email me (don't send P.Ms, I never check them).

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:29 pm
by Raverdave
Well I have 7 PBEMs running at the moment (two are on hold) so I guess one more would not hurt. To tell you the truth, I have never played from the IJN side, so it should be interesting. I will get the turn together and Email it to you on Sunday. Scen 17 it is.

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:19 pm
by Drongo
Posted by Luskan
Second Note: Any information you receive from me in an email is likely to be misleading/bluffing/downright lying/the truth.


Well, you and Raver should get along famously.

heh . .

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:48 am
by Luskan
May as well, doomed mantis is away for the weekend for you too huh Raver?

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:37 am
by Raverdave
Yeah...Doomed is wawy....just as well, I need the break from him.........he is hand my balls back to me on a silver plater, and I could do with the rest!

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:38 am
by Raverdave
Originally posted by Drongo



Well, you and Raver should get along famously.
All is fair in love and war;)

;)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:00 pm
by Luskan
Ask doomed how he's doing against me! ;)

Truth be told, my one-brigade defense at PM WHOOPING his "big-bad-***" ija regiment in week 1 of the campaign and sinking 10 or 15 transports along the way was a bit of a fluke, but he doesn't know that.

Re: ;)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:40 pm
by Raverdave
Originally posted by Luskan
and sinking 10 or 15 transports along the way was a bit of a fluke, but he doesn't know that.


........................he does now;)

Re: ;)

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:22 pm
by DoomedMantis
Originally posted by Luskan
Ask doomed how he's doing against me! ;)

Truth be told, my one-brigade defense at PM WHOOPING his "big-bad-***" ija regiment in week 1 of the campaign and sinking 10 or 15 transports along the way was a bit of a fluke, but he doesn't know that.

you bastaRd, it was those **** subs that got me, and i still cant believe that one brigade managed to decemate my brigade with a shock attack on its first day on the beach

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:25 pm
by DoomedMantis
I bet Luskan never told you about when he lost PM a few weeks later, and how noone survived. That felt good. Now all I need to do is completely reorganise myself so i can attack again

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:33 pm
by DoomedMantis
Also Luskan, have you told Dave what great swimmers your CV crews were? How many did you lose in that battle?