Page 1 of 1

64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:24 pm
by ryszardsh
I am building a new computer for the home and ran across one issue. Does Command install and run on W7 64 bit? I searched and did not find any reference, and the manual simply does not mention the distinction.

Thanx

RAS

RE: 64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:38 pm
by chrispman

I run Windows 7 64 bit. No problems, except build 488 crashes often.

RE: 64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:42 pm
by Mini_Von
I also run win 7 64 bit and it runs fine, except for the 488 build.

RE: 64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:12 am
by Sardaukar
No problems with Win 7 64-bit (apart from that Build 488, fixed in 490)

RE: 64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:31 am
by goodwoodrw
I have a Win 64 bit system as well. Just a great game very well supported by devs and community scenario makers

RE: 64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:42 am
by ComDev
If you can, install Win 8.1. It actually makes Command run about 30% faster [:D]

RE: 64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:21 am
by Dimitris
Or install .NET 4.5, which appears to be the chief enabler of the performance boost (though Win8's inherent "lighter" use of system resources also helps).

RE: 64 bit W7 OK?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:31 am
by brassem
Also don't install to the default directory. Avoid installing to directories such as C:\Program Files (x86) with windows 7.

Install to C:\Matrix Games or something like that for windows 7. That way you are better able to control the files there with better administrator rights.