Page 1 of 17
Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:40 am
by Orm
I've recently begun to brew a lot of Lapsang souchong tea. Anyone else like this smoky tea?
I also read that 95% of the tea sold is in tea bags. Now days I almost always brew my tea so I wonder how you do it. Am I alone in brewing tea?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
I've recently begun to brew a lot of Lapsang souchong tea. Anyone else like this smoky tea?
I also read that 95% of the tea sold is in tea bags. Now days I almost always brew my tea so I wonder how you do it. Am I alone in brewing tea?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong
warspite1
1. No - I am strictly an "English Breakfast" man
2. Not alone, but I suspect in a v.small minority [;)]
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 am
by aaatoysandmore
mmmm breakfast....eggs and bacon and ham and sausages and hash browns ana bowl of grits, biscuits and gravy topped off by a cup of java. Yessir a true meal of a heart attack or stroke.
It was nice while it lasted though. I miss biscuits and gravy and sausages most of all. [&o]
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:54 am
by Orm
Time for tea again. [:)]
I've gone from drinking one cup "English Breakfast" tea twice a day to drinking tea 4 to 6 times a day and each time usually 2 or 3 cups. And now I mix between more than 20 different types of blendes and flavours. The label of tea I buy the most is Twinings but I more and more buy my tea in specialized tea shops.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_blending_and_additives
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 pm
by Gilmer
Tea is still a holdover in the Northeast USA. Since I was born in Massachusetts, my morning cup is always tea.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:29 pm
by OttoVonBlotto
Earl Gray for me no milk or sugar.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:38 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto
Earl Gray for me no milk or sugar.
warspite1
If you're making, I'll have an English Breakfast in my "Thing 1" mug please. Thanks OvB [:)]
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:53 pm
by Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto
Earl Gray for me no milk or sugar.
warspite1
If you're making, I'll have an English Breakfast in my "Thing 1" mug please. Thanks OvB [:)]
Prince of Wales tea for me, please. [:)]
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:06 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto
Earl Gray for me no milk or sugar.
warspite1
If you're making, I'll have an English Breakfast in my "Thing 1" mug please. Thanks OvB [:)]
Prince of Wales tea for me, please. [:)]
warspite1
Well I'm still waiting. Guess I'll have to go and make my own [&:]. Want one Orm? I've not got any fancy stuff, just English Breakfast in a big **** off mug [8D]
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:13 pm
by Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1
If you're making, I'll have an English Breakfast in my "Thing 1" mug please. Thanks OvB [:)]
Prince of Wales tea for me, please. [:)]
warspite1
Well I'm still waiting. Guess I'll have to go and make my own [&:]. Want one Orm? I've not got any fancy stuff, just English Breakfast in a big **** off mug [8D]
Splendid! Just what I need. [:)]
And I do not call the other stuff fancy. I just drink so much tea now days that I need some variation.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:58 pm
by Aurelian
Almost 4pm EST. Time for tea.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:02 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Aurelian
Almost 4pm EST. Time for tea.
warspite1
I've got the kettle on don't worry.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:00 pm
by Aurelian
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Aurelian
Almost 4pm EST. Time for tea.
warspite1
I've got the kettle on don't worry.
Good tea.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:16 am
by KG Erwin
Yeah, I'm partial to an occasional cup of Earl Grey, straight with no additives, but as an American I prefer my cups of coffee in the morning. I like French Roast, straight up with no cream or milk, but any kind will do in a pinch. Right now I'm using a milder blend, as I bought it on sale. Coffee isn't cheap these days. Also, I'm one of those "coffee and a cigarette" types first thing, even before I eat breakfast. I don't do big breakfasts anymore, as I prefer eggs, sausage & pancakes as a weekend brunch. During the work week I usually eat a cheese/fruit danish or a honey bun for breakfast.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:43 am
by Orm
For breakfast today I have a couple of cups with Lady Grey tea. Home baked bread with cheese and horse sausage is also on the menu.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:06 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
For breakfast today I have a couple of cups with Lady Grey tea. Home baked bread with cheese and horse sausage is also on the menu.
warspite1
You bake your own bread? Wow, impressed!
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:07 am
by Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
For breakfast today I have a couple of cups with Lady Grey tea. Home baked bread with cheese and horse sausage is also on the menu.
warspite1
You bake your own bread? Wow, impressed!
At times I do that. Not as often as I would like. But today I have the luxury of eating bread that my father baked yesterday.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:09 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
For breakfast today I have a couple of cups with Lady Grey tea. Home baked bread with cheese and horse sausage is also on the menu.
warspite1
You bake your own bread? Wow, impressed!
At times I do that. Not as often as I would like. But today I have the luxury of eating bread that my father baked yesterday.
warspite1
Nice. For me it was a mug of English Breakfast Tea (I use PG) and six Crumpets. I must say I do like Crumpet in the morning. Fnarr Fnarr.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:19 am
by Gilmer
PG tips? I like that tea.
As a sort of story from college. It was a joke don't put any more thought into it.
I was going to reuse a teabag and a friend says to me, "Gilmer, This is America. We don't re-use teabags!"
Quote about tea from a movie.
Afraid this tea's pathetic. Must have used these wretched leaves about twenty times. It's not that I mind so much. Tea without milk is so uncivilized.
RE: Lets talk tea... again.
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:54 pm
by Orm
Time for evening tea and a semla. [:)]