Page 1 of 3

Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:14 pm
by CapnDarwin
Get while its hot:

Map Art and Hexdraw Templates

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:58 pm
by O.Schmidt
I need a register version of Hexdraw? (not the Test Version 1.1)

Thanks!
O.Schmidt

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:49 pm
by Mad Russian
Yes, get a registered version.

Good Hunting.

MR

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:59 pm
by KEYSTONE07950
ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Yes, get a registered version.

Good Hunting.

MR

Is that answer just for Bader's consumption or is the trial version sufficient?

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 pm
by CapnDarwin
I don't remember myself. I've had a registered copy for a while now. There are limitations on the test version. Check it out and let us know.

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:00 am
by O.Schmidt
I have the Test Version (Free Download) and (not registered)

"I can not open the Lvl2 Basic Map.hm!"

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:42 am
by WildCatNL
AFAIK, the Lvl2 Basic Map template is too large to be loaded with the Hexdraw test version. It loads fine with the registered version of Hexdraw.

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:35 pm
by O.Schmidt
I thinks Hexdraw is too expensive!
Thanks

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:01 pm
by zakblood
try Hexographer also, yes it's not cheap either but gives you the options of importing real maps and making them into hex maps

h88p://inkwellideas.com/2013/01/new-hexographer-feature-convert-map/

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:04 pm
by JoBader
to be not in his way I gave O.Schmidt a Hexdraw

jo

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:19 pm
by CapnDarwin
Jo. Thanks. I have been using your program for a number of years on a number of projects. Great tool. Any plans for a new version?

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:25 pm
by JoBader
thanks for the kudos Jim.
yes I should do a new version. But just now I am on a AI for a hex and counter game.

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:23 pm
by KEYSTONE07950
ORIGINAL: JoBader

to be not in his way I gave O.Schmidt a Hexdraw

jo

Will you be giving hexdraw to other users of Flashpoint Campaigns? I also think that $45 for hexdraw plus the cost of Flashpoint campaigns is too steep. I also want to create and edit maps, but not for $95.

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:51 pm
by CapnDarwin
keystone, Per the Map modding guide you can make maps in any software you like. It is up to Jo on if he wants to give out copies. It is a good product if you are doing any other type of game work requiring hex maps and worth the money. Hopefully Jo will work on an update some time down the road to allow for overlay art to be replaced on a map reload like the elevation layer does and make modifying existing maps easier. A new version would be great too. Bottom line, support the indy programmers by buying their stuff. [:)]

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:16 pm
by KEYSTONE07950
Capn Darwin,

Thank you for your thoughts. I too wish to support our hobby by supporting indy programmers. If Flashpoint was a one and done type of game, I wouldn't think twice about paying an additional $45. I'm sure you will want to be paid for any new Flashpoint games you make. I will want to support YOU by buying your games. I would think twice in buying into a series of games that I also have to buy a third party program to edit my maps.

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:18 pm
by JoBader
hm yes, that is a problem to buy an indy programm and an additional indy software.
I think about how I could help. how about a version of Flashpoint with hexdraw included for a few bugs more.
I really don't know if this is worth the effort or not.
As Captain Darwin said it is good to support the indy programmers. Yes their products are a bit pricey.
But when you visit a shoemaker shoes will also be pricey. It is all about the amount of sales which are usually low.
Low because it is special. Even more I appreciate the Steam Green-Light thing very much. And I was glad to see
Unity of Command appearing in this mass market. Even more they did a very precedent-setting design especially on stacking, supply and step-losses.
I think without the indy work on essentials we would still have very boring games like they used to be.
Again when one is buying pricey low selling indy things he invests in better games he will play in the future.
Perhaps it is like paying a ticket into the laboratory.

Keystone07950 please send me a PM with your Email

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:32 pm
by harry_vdk
ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Get while its hot:

Map Art and Hexdraw Templates

A easy way of crop en resize to FlashPoint size is ImageMagick.

convert" "map.png" -crop 5689x4324+152+71 +repage "map.png"
convert" "map.png" -resize 2569x1952 +repage "map.png"

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 pm
by Tazak
New question: using the RS map art how do you enlarge urban tiles to cover an entire hex

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:28 pm
by CapnDarwin
When we use hex draw, we just "drop" a bunch in the hex. Are you looking to make a dumbie map to generate the fp9 file?

RE: Map Art and Hexdraws Templates now LIVE!!!

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:34 pm
by Tazak
Trying again to create a new map, just not happy with how the urban areas end up looking. I'm dropping either too many which looks really messy or too few which looks kind of bare