Page 1 of 1

modifiyng map - island limits

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:31 pm
by Czert
how to edit limits on cerain islands ? i want to "upgrade" them from 6k limit to next bigger (15k or its 30k and then 60k?) - if it is only 30k it is here any way to create new capacity limt (12-15k).

RE: modifiyng map - island limits

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:51 am
by Marc
This file should answer your question if you are able to understand it. [;)]
http://www.urban-netz.com/AE%20Map%20File%20Formats.pdf

RE: modifiyng map - island limits

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 am
by Czert
well, why make thinks easy if you can make them harder way [:D].

RE: modifiyng map - island limits

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:57 pm
by Wolfpack1
czert,

I would recommend PWHEXE Editor 0.7 beta issued by Dave Bradley.
Try a search, should be available around here.
New limit not possible, AFAIK.
Oliver

RE: modifiyng map - island limits

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 pm
by dwbradley
ORIGINAL: czert2

well, why make thinks easy if you can make them harder way [:D].

I am sure you realize that there was no intention to make it harder than it had to be, and I would be the first to agree that my efforts were not the best that could be done. But as the saying goes, "It is what it is."

You can get the editor package here:

https://sites.google.com/site/dbpagegro ... /downloads

I am really busy with some other stuff right now but if you have questions (via PM) I will get back to you eventually.

Cheers!

Dave Bradley

RE: modifiyng map - island limits

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:16 pm
by Czert
many thanks for map editor, i feared i will do it by hex editing and doing some math.

ty all for links to map editor and for manual. And it is great shame that devs didnt implemented something between 6k and 30k range.