Page 1 of 1
Race Details / Results
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:54 pm
by MrBismarck
I was wondering if the race results and details were saved anywhere after an event has finished?
It would be great and really help any AAR if each race dumped a small text file, for example, containing the starting Auriga and then a list of events - the full order details would be great, but even just a list of this Auriga was lacerated... this Auriga lost control in a turn and then let go of the horses and ran for safety... followed ultimately by the finishing order would be really useful.
I don't see anything like that in the install directory or in My Documents.
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:36 am
by Niessuh
Hello MrBismarck, I have replied in the Slitherine forums:
There is no event log writing, events are just shown at "live" action only. Maybe programs like Fraps can help you catch most of the action for an AAR.
Writing event log (like an old fashioned RPG) is an interesting idea that I was contemplating during development. But care must be taken when writing to disk. In any case lack of complete information on what is happening around the circuit is intentional

RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:13 am
by MrBismarck
Thanks for the reply.
I'm fine with the lack of complete information - I don't really want or need an order list, (whip/accelerate/accelerate/lacerateLeft/etc), for each Auriga - but it would be really helpful if the game dropped out a text file with the finishing order at the very least, along with additional information (prize money / Auriga injured / Auriga killed)... or at least displayed it on screen at the end of the race so I could screenshot it.
Fraps doesn't necessarily help as the winner may be off screen when he crosses the line and the way window scrolling works means I can't always see that. For instance, I can't scroll the window while I'm moving between order pulses and as soon as I cross the finish line the window narrows down and locks the view so I can't scroll ahead at that point to see where everyone else is.
I don't want this to sound like an overly critical response, as I'm having fun with the game, but this sort of extra flavour would really elevate the campaign.
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm
by jack54
ORIGINAL: MrBismarck
I don't want this to sound like an overly critical response, as I'm having fun with the game, but this sort of extra flavour would really elevate the campaign.
I Agree, and this is 'Totally Constructive Criticism', end of race results would be nice. I think some more info on the Drivers would really add to this game. It seems as if they are only names at this point;
I can see the totals for my team but not the individual, I have no idea who is the better 'Auriga'. Likewise if I go to the Forum looking to purchase a new 'Auriga' they appear as names,nationality and price but nothing to really differentiate one driver from the next driver.( As time goes by you can add skills to a driver so perhaps that is an overall design decision)
Total race wins are displayed for more 'famous' riders but not much else.
Please don't get me wrong I am enjoying this game; if the riders were 'Fleshed Out' so to speak (more Detail) I might find myself thinking about this game while in the supermarket.
This game is already a good value; it would be a steal for $20.
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:44 pm
by Frido1207
Completely agree with what is already been stated here, as I think it would enhance the immersion of the game, if some of these suggestions would be added.
I would like to see a separate page, where the history of my team is captured. So for example: my drivers, there total number of races, 1st, 2nd, 3rd places, total amount of price money each won, Date of fatal accident etc.
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:33 pm
by PunkReaper
something I would like would be a confirmation before finalising a sale. I know I'm dumb but I just sold my best charioteer by mistake......
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:21 pm
by jack54
Ok I see now that there is a different graphic for charioteers based on skill and constitution. (Helmets and color). Also better Auriga (Charioteers) cost more in the Forum. So there are differences.
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:09 am
by IainMcNeil
Please fell free to make any suggestions. We wont take it personally!
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:35 am
by PunkReaper
During the race some method of showing what position you are in would be nice...
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 am
by Frido1207
ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper
During the race some method of showing what position you are in would be nice...
+1
Would also like to see hotkeys for orders.
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 am
by Tamas
ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper
During the race some method of showing what position you are in would be nice...
Presently, that is shown on the track, when entering each curve, flags wearing the players' faction colours appear as they enter the curve, with the player's flag indicated separately so you can see at a glance where you are.
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 am
by PunkReaper
Thanks, will watch out for that. I maybe even break a lifetimes habit and read the manual...[:)]
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:13 am
by Frido1207
ORIGINAL: Tamas
Presently, that is shown on the track, when entering each curve, flags wearing the players' faction colours appear as they enter the curve, with the player's flag indicated separately so you can see at a glance where you are.
Ha, this is especially helpful on Faction Races. [:'(]
RE: Race Details / Results
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:30 am
by Tamas
ORIGINAL: th1207
ORIGINAL: Tamas
Presently, that is shown on the track, when entering each curve, flags wearing the players' faction colours appear as they enter the curve, with the player's flag indicated separately so you can see at a glance where you are.
Ha, this is especially helpful on Faction Races. [:'(]

You have a point of course, but even then, the player's flag is clearly marked, so you are aware of your position.