Page 1 of 3

What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:28 pm
by aaatoysandmore
Continuing on with our conversation about the past and how we could deal with it. Considering what you do for a living now what would you have been back then with hardly any schools or colleges to goto. Of course there were a few but only the elite got to goto them. So, what would you have done? I'd be interested in what Iain and Erik would have done or been. [:D]

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm
by Jevhaddah_Slitherine
I would be King of Scotland

Cheers

Jev

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:38 pm
by Wolfe1759
Probably the guy on the right !



Image

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 pm
by shaddock
Realistically I think my job would be target practice [:(]
I can see no skill I have translating to anything before 1950ish
Unless sarcasm pays, then I'm set [:D]

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:57 pm
by warspite1
Same as now - International Lover.

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:02 pm
by aaatoysandmore
ORIGINAL: warspite1

Same as now - International Lover.

Don Juan eh?

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:02 pm
by rodney727
Who's your idol then Ben Franklin?[:D]
ORIGINAL: warspite1

Same as now - International Lover.

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:05 pm
by aaatoysandmore
I just have one other question. Who would have been a janitor back then. [:D] (You ever see the Black Knight?)

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:09 pm
by TulliusDetritus
A Condottiero (leader of a band of mercenaries) serving various lords in Central and North Italy seems a lot of fun. But in the end I suspect I would end up as Wolfe's "associate", selling er... those things hanging [:D]

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:10 pm
by rodney727
Or the piss bucket boy to the king?
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I just have one other question. Who would have been a janitor back then. [:D] (You ever see the Black Knight?)

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:50 pm
by shunwick
I would be a peasant. Same as now.

Best wishes,
Steve

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:00 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: rogo727

Who's your idol then Ben Franklin?[:D]
ORIGINAL: warspite1

Same as now - International Lover.
warspite1

Was Franklin a lover of international repute then?

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:01 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Same as now - International Lover.

Don Juan eh?
warspite1

Nope. War Spite with the 15-incher.

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:20 pm
by shunwick
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Same as now - International Lover.

Don Juan eh?
warspite1

Nope. War Spite with the 15-incher.

Is that Mrs Warspite1 I hear laughing in the background?

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:33 pm
by sullafelix
Franklin admitted to 17 children from various women.

I have read greater #s though.

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:40 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: shunwick

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore




Don Juan eh?
warspite1

Nope. War Spite with the 15-incher.

Is that Mrs Warspite1 I hear laughing in the background?
warspite1

Yes.....[:(]

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:40 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: sulla05

Franklin admitted to 17 children from various women.

I have read greater #s though.
warspite1

Noob

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:38 pm
by rhondabrwn
Brienne of Tarth, only sexy [:D]

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 pm
by VPaulus
ORIGINAL: warspite1

Same as now - International Lover.
[:D]
Brilliant.

RE: What would your job have been in the 1500's to 20th century?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:43 pm
by Lützow
As they didn't need programmers back then, I had been a lord, spending my time with tournaments and joining campaigns and crusades. Alternatively, if not highborn, a man-at-arms.