Page 1 of 1
Cant even download....
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:42 pm
by Knife
I had the game and someone deleted it! Where can I download it from? The gamedomain server doesn't work for me at the moment theres problems it seems.
The matrixgames server seems to have lost the file!
Where can I download it from? PLEASE!!!!
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:17 pm
by Jim1954
You could just break down and get Operation Watch Tower from Matrix. There is a 7.0 copy included on the CD. Otherwise, I guess your only alternative is to be patient and I'm sure Matrix will fix the problem if they have really lost the file on that server. Can't speak for games domain.
If you buy one of the MC's, then it's not a crisis event if your HD goes south or if the delete gremlin strikes again.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:20 pm
by Knife
you are a lifesaver! I have watchtower, didnt know it was on there mate THANKS!
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:36 pm
by Irinami
For anyone else: Be patient. Try all the possible download links. I use GetRight and just click all the links (wait about 30 seconds between each link). That way you have the most servers, and GetRight will try each of them in succession until it gets one that isn't busy (which is the problem most of the time--the servers are just busy with other gamers).
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:02 pm
by rbrunsman
Here's an interesting story on how I got my copy before I bought the MCs:
I had SPWAW on an old computer and I wanted to use the direct cable connection to transfer the files instead of downloading by telephone, but I couldn't get it to work. So, I called Microsoft's helpline to say, "WTF!" and the tech tried to help me for 45 minutes and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. I finally said, "This stinks, because the only reason I want to do this is so I can move a game over to my new computer." He asked what it was and I told him about SPWAW and Matrix. While we were chatting he went to Matrix, downloaded the game and burned a CD for me. I had my free copy of SPWAW on CD a few days later courtesy of Microsoft!

He even burned a copy for himself to try it out.