Page 1 of 5

H2H AWSOME!!!

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:49 pm
by M4Jess
I down loaded last night....breathless!:eek:

now I will be tied up over the next 150 years designing HtH scens! ;)

M4 Jess~

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:03 pm
by Al Boone
What is HtH?

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:58 pm
by Jim1954
HTH is a variant of SPWAW from the mind of Panzer Leo that is a Head to Head application vie e-games. It is not compatible with base SPWAW.
:)

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:37 pm
by Jacc
*crosses his fingers and waits for M4 to start spilling out countless excellent H2H scenarios*

I can hardly wait.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:20 pm
by sztartur2
Hi!

I myself play almost exclusively H2H. Great job done by Panzer Leo.

M4Jess are you going to convert your Kursk... scenairo?:cool:
I would very much like to play it that way...

Artur

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:51 am
by Redleg
Don't thing H2H is for *only* pbem or on-line. It doesn't take a back seat in play vs the AI either.

I enjoy H2H vs the AI very much. Well worth the download for any type of play.

Panzer Leo has been working hard to distribute H2H scenarios. Warrior and I have been building some H2H scenarios also Check out the Dirty Dozen for a lot of H2H scenarios and maps.

Dirty Dozen

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:25 am
by M4Jess
HtH by Panzer Leo is so great that I am going to go with HtH for the"Beyond the Beachhead" series/campaign

Why? cause

find out! down-load it today!!!!

Remember..HtH will copy over all your files!! copy them or make a copy of the complete game first!

I now have 3 copys of SPWAW, 7.1, 5.1 (why?), HtH

Its that cool!!!!

Trust me....

M4

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:02 am
by Jim1954
Thanks for the clarification Redleg, I thought it was for ONLY hth and not vs AI. I have a little bit of space left on the HD so I guess I'll have to Dl it just to enjoy M4's efforts.

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:25 am
by Redleg
I was really favorably impressed with the H2H mod. The installation was flawless and it plays *GREAT*.

Now that I raved about it, I hope you like it.

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:40 pm
by Supervisor
Ok now that Jess has confused the younger generation. I edited the title of the thread to stress his true meaning.:D

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:15 pm
by chief
M4 Jess: You don't really need to design new H2H scenarios yet.......Just update the old ones you made for 7.1`they're very good and some do play fine H2H already (Now don't ask me which ones cause I'm too old to remember). Then do new ones I won't complain.:) :cool:

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:44 pm
by Belisarius
I've had the H2H zip on my HD for a loong time, and now I've finally come around to install it - it's GREAT!

Tried the short "Chenedolle" H2H scenario from the November DD, just to get the feel for the mod. Extremely fun! Tigers-Shermans: 14-0 :D :D Got every one of 'em to the loss of 5 men, and all those to my own nebelwerfers in the last turn. Yehaa.

I must say, I'm impressed by the gameplay, the graphics and the sounds, oooh the SOUNDS! :p

Great job :cool:

Btw, I guess I can erase all the original scenarios that comes with the SP:WAW install? they won't work on H2H, will they?

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:46 pm
by Paul Vebber
I'll say agan, this is the sort of community support we hoped would come along! All SPWaW fans should give this a try!

Well Done, Panzer Leo!

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:47 pm
by M4Jess
Tigers-Shermans: 14-0



yeah right...no way...:mad: you know how I feel about my M4s!!

Dont make me hurt you B-man:mad:

M4 Jess~

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:12 am
by Supervisor
Paul I didn't know you had given it a try, I'm sure Leo will be happy to see your approval. I know WB tried it and liked it so it seems to be really catching on.

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:14 am
by Supervisor
Jess I think Beli tweaked down the ops settings so he could achieve such a victory. I'm sure it's nothing personal.LOL:p

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:25 am
by Belisarius
Originally posted by M4 Jess



yeah right...no way...:mad: you know how I feel about my M4s!!

Dont make me hurt you B-man:mad:

M4 Jess~
Not to rub it in, but all settings were at 100.. even the Sherms. :D
Try it out for yourself, I think it's set up to win playing GE. (read: you REALLY have to screw up not to pull it off. Getting them all is not that easy tho'... burning wrecks block a lot of LOS.. )

Anyway, it's a lot of fun to see so many dead tanks due to a SINGLE Tiger. But with the new icons and all, the M4's sure are real purty. :p ;)

Jim1954 must work for MS Tech Support.

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:02 am
by challenge
While accurate his description explains nothing. What is the mod; why is it not compatable with regular SPWaW; where does one find it; what do you do to use it; and how do you know if your oppanant is using it.

More input, please.

Re: Jim1954 must work for MS Tech Support.

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:08 am
by Belisarius
Originally posted by challenge
While accurate his description explains nothing. What is the mod; why is it not compatable with regular SPWaW; where does one find it; what do you do to use it; and how do you know if your oppanant is using it.

More input, please.
Challenge, I think most of your question (but for the incompability one perhaps) can be found if you follow this link:

Panzer Leo's H2H mod for SP:WAW

:cool:

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:20 am
by challenge
Thank you, kind sir.