Page 1 of 1

Game Over

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:07 am
by jive1
I was just wondering if anyone has played one of the full length
scenario's to the end in PBEM? I love the game and play 1 or 2 turns every day (normally 1) but it seems too daunting to me to take on the full length scenario's at the 1 day turn level.

If you have managed to complete a full length game already how many turns a day do you play? Maybe they usually finish early as one person loses all hope?

Just interested as a lot of people seem to talk about the longer scenario's - I tend to play the 4-6 month one's (Not got near to completing one yet)
Chris

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:40 am
by Raverdave
All of my 8 PBEMs are the long Scen. Some are only in the first few months, and two of them have reached Jan'43. Just a case of trying to do at least one move per day....sometimes you can get 3 or 4 moves a day (mostly with guys in the same time zone as you).

I recommend that you do give one of the long scens' a shot, as it means that you have to think really differently (its a bloody long haul for both sides!) than you would for a short match.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:00 am
by siRkid
Yes Crocky and I were the first to ever finish Scenaro 17 in a PBEM game. See AAR "You Will Love This Game". We posted reports from start to finish. We tied.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:02 am
by siRkid
Make sure you like the guy your going to play a long scenario with. Our game took 6 months RT and we played 2 day turn cycles.

Rick