Page 1 of 1
Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:21 pm
by vmxa_slith
I just noticed that my home world space port has an auto symbol? Is that normal, do I need to remove it? What does it mean for a space port? Looks like I am not able to change it anyway. None of the other port are automated?
RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:11 pm
by Bingeling
Any automation symbol there is nothing to worry about. Spaceports shoot their guns and I have never found a way to influence that.
Unlike ships they don't drive around and go on attack missions

RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:13 pm
by Jim D Burns
It might control whether they auto-upgrade or not, but I've never turned it off so this is just a guess.
Jim
RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:17 pm
by Modest
It means that any ship produced by You from this Space Port will start as automated. We are talking of course only about State ships. Private are out of our control anyway - whether space port is on auto or not. Also keep in mind that Construction Ships or Colony Ships are build by planet, not by it's space port, so don't assume they will be also automated from begining.
RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:48 pm
by vmxa_slith
So no big deal, it sounds like.
RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:14 pm
by cherbert
This is annoying me. I have specifically set the settings to Expert mode so I have full micro management over everything. My Space Ports are set to Automated and churn out streams of ships I don't want and never asked for.
Unlike individual ships there appears to be no way of turning off automation for a space port.
This is really ruining my style of play - is this a bug? Can we get an option to turn off automated Space Ports?
I am using Distant Worlds: Universe (Steam latest version)
RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:21 pm
by Bingeling
The civilians do their stuff, they order, retrofit, and retire ships. Nothing you can do about that. The automation of the spaceport has nothing to do with anything, apart from maybe signalling the choice of new built ships starting automated.
If you have construction automated, state ships will appear as well, of course.
RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:37 pm
by ldog
ORIGINAL: cherbert
This is annoying me. I have specifically set the settings to Expert mode so I have full micro management over everything. My Space Ports are set to Automated and churn out streams of ships I don't want and never asked for.
Unlike individual ships there appears to be no way of turning off automation for a space port.
This is really ruining my style of play - is this a bug? Can we get an option to turn off automated Space Ports?
I am using Distant Worlds: Universe (Steam latest version)
They only churn out private sector ships. If they are churning out state ships you've got the automation set for it under empire options. It isn't a base by base setting.
ORIGINAL: Modest
It means that any ship produced by You from this Space Port will start as automated. We are talking of course only about State ships. Private are out of our control anyway - whether space port is on auto or not. Also keep in mind that Construction Ships or Colony Ships are build by planet, not by it's space port, so don't assume they will be also automated from begining.
That isn't correct either. I turn off automated on construction in settings. Ports still have the automated symbol. Ships come out manual as directed.
RE: Space port is automated?
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:24 am
by cherbert
ORIGINAL: ldog
They only churn out private sector ships. If they are churning out state ships you've got the automation set for it under empire options. It isn't a base by base setting.
d from begining.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm beginning to understand a bit more now.