Page 1 of 1
AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:37 pm
by Bebop Cola
One of the things I've been watching in my games recently has been the AI's attempts to invade the planets, in particular the homeworlds, of other AI empires. Routinely I see the AI drop off woefully insufficient troops to capture the target planet, in effect doing nothing more than making future attempts even harder by training up the defending troops.
It's not that the invading AI doesn't have the troops available, or the time to build them up. In fact, they often fairly well dominate their target empire. The problem is that they simply send a fleet with low troop counts time and time again.
Has anyone else seen this? If so, is this by design to keep weaker empires from being casually destroyed?
RE: AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:26 am
by Fleshbits
On occasion, but in my game at least one AI has had no trouble taking over the other AI's colonies as well as mine!
I have had to load up every boarding colony across the map with 12 defensive troops and am spending half a billion on defense! ...but tonight he shall be crushed!
RE: AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:32 am
by Mad Igor
ORIGINAL: Fleshbits
one AI has had no trouble taking over the other AI's colonies as well as mine!
well,if you'd recrout at least one guardsman,then you'd had some chances.[8|]
RE: AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:01 am
by Fleshbits
ORIGINAL: Mad Igor
ORIGINAL: Fleshbits
one AI has had no trouble taking over the other AI's colonies as well as mine!
well,if you'd recrout at least one guardsman,then you'd had some chances.[8|]
I had 5 on each bordering colony as my default. The AI made quick work of them.

I am upping to 15 for tonight's war.
RE: AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:19 am
by neem693
my gams screen shot(my monitor is 4:3

not 16:9

left me
right Ai

RE: AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:21 am
by neem693
but screen shot two..

RE: AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:27 am
by neem693
and three.

RE: AI and failed planetary invasions.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:08 am
by Bingeling
I wonder why they keep appearing with a about over 450 strength. Is that because they think that is what is needed, or because that is what happens to fit inside the fleets their fleet structure specifies? Or is it that we see the "attack and defense" numbers that the AI is set to use?
I think they have some issues in other kinds of attacks as well, there seems to be the odd AI strike force present when I go pirate spanking. A strike force? Against a spaceport? That may have worked up until Legends, but not after that, at least not without end game tech.