Page 1 of 1

Little help with windows 8 please.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:52 pm
by VMF 214
Gentleman, I have not played AE in a while and since updated to windows 8....or I should say had no choice with the purchase of a new laptop. I installed the game with the current beta patch and when I play the game it is slow when selecting and opening new windows in the game....example: Day after Pearl Harbor attack I click on ships in port.....wait at least 5 seconds window poops up, click on ship......wait at least 5 seconds and so on. This happens for any and all selections.

What is the best switches for running in windows 8 (if that helps). I have a Dell I7 Quad core. I even tried running it in compatibility mode and still same issue.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RE: Little help with windows 8 please.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:23 pm
by Sardaukar
I think you need command line switches like: -dd_sw (maybe also -multiaudio)

See your WitP AE documentation folder for command line switches in WhatsNew.pdf

Remember to type the hyphen (-) and not copy it from PDF, since PDF hyphen is different and won't work (it's something called "long hyphen" and it won't be recognized).

RE: Little help with windows 8 please.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:44 pm
by jcjordan
Read the win8 topics in the tech forum (may have to go back a couple of pages) as your problem is becoming more common as more get win8 but try -deepcolor switch, worked for me

RE: Little help with windows 8 please.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 pm
by VMF 214
Thanks guys, I will give it a try.

RE: Little help with windows 8 please.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:31 pm
by VMF 214
Thanks again. I applied some switches that another player suggested and it now runs faster than when I had it on XP.....looks like it anyway.

many thanks for the help. [&o]